Scotland V Argentina - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland V Argentina

ShedTA

Argentina try up after 1min 30 seconds.

Rendition of Flower of Scotland was less than enthusiastic.

Yep agreed. Thought it was rather subdued but then stadium is maybe only two thirds full. Inappropriate song anyway. Great try by Scotland there though.

10 glasgow players in Scotland line up. Interesting to see if they can make the step up - quite looking forward to this one. Will be tough game though.

Not sure it's a step up - Glasgow are regarded by most neutrals as one of the top teams in Europe this season, with many tipping them to win a European Cup group including Bath, Toulouse and Montpellier.

I'm just hoping they can handle having to play with a couple of the lads from Edinburgh :D

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Yeh forget the cringe of the national anthem the rugby from Scotland gas been very good!

Surely the cringe will be with "those" that voted No? I'd say it was much more relevant now than it ever has been!? I fail to see how it would make someone who wants independence "cringe"?

Not sure it's a step up - Glasgow are regarded by most neutrals as one of the top teams in Europe this season, with many tipping them to win a European Cup group including Bath, Toulouse and Montpellier.

I'm just hoping they can handle having to play with a couple of the lads from Edinburgh :D

TT

Agreed TT. What I meant was the step up to international - and it had been very good so far. This argie team beat the Aussies recently.

Surely the cringe will be with "those" that voted No? I'd say it was much more relevant now than it ever has been!? I fail to see how it would make someone who wants independence "cringe"?

Bzzz I voted yes but if gives me the cringe. Completely inappropriate national anthem for a country that just voted against independence.

Bzzz I voted yes but if gives me the cringe. Completely inappropriate national anthem for a country that just voted against independence.

I would suspect that a majority of Scotland's Murryfield support would be against independence and that is why FOS was somewhat muted.

Maybe time that rugby gets a new anthem.

I would suspect that a majority of Scotland's Murryfield support would be against independence and that is why FOS was somewhat muted.

Whatever. For me it just doesn't work anymore. Rugby , football hockey f@cking what ever sport you want. The song is not appropriate.

Flower of Scotland is always dreadful at Murrayfield. Great to get the win today, shame about the poor ending though. Usual story of Scotland winning when i can`t make it.

I will never ever understand why Peter Wright gets a job commentating on Radio. He`s a fekin embarrassment. THE worst commentator in the history of sport, including Alan Preston.

I sung it as usual yesterday, and said something along the lines of it should be an embarrassment for anyone who voted no to sing it in a fairly loud voice afterwards. One or two people gave me a look but they didn't have the balls to say anything.

Edited by biffer

I sung it as usual yesterday, and said something along the lines of it should be an embarrassment for anyone who voted no to sing it in a fairly loud voice afterwards. One or two people gave me a look but they didn't have the balls to say anything.

Good on you - Fck them

It's surely only inappropriate to the "people" that voted No? It should mean even more to you now! a motivator, as I said, we took a huge step closer, now we press harder to finish to job off and get what we and our country deserves!

I'm way past the disappointment of the result, what kind of a joke would we be if we gave up at the first hurdle!?

Let the miserable No voters cringe if they want, if they are happy in their accepted state of subservience then that's up to them, I'm not, I want independence, I want Scotland to be independent, to stand proud in the world and I'll keep fighting for it till the day I die! For me, FoS has never been so relevant, as QSTQ has never been so irrelevant. It's GSTQ that makes ME cringe, not FoS!

Flower of Scotland is always dreadful at Murrayfield.

Odd that, given that they were responsible for its popularity. It's as if they preferred singing it when it was a notion of fantasy.

Fair play to you, doing that amongst that audience! (Although following on from Deedee's post, it's pretty clear plenty ARE embarrassed by it)...

Jerusalem or God Save the Queen would appear to be the preferred choices

The SRU is a completely closed loyalist shop which is why, as petty as it may be, i hope they get pumped from now on

Jerusalem or God Save the Queen would appear to be the preferred choices

The SRU is a completely closed loyalist shop which is why, as petty as it may be, i hope they get pumped from now on

The SRU may be but that is not the players and not all of the fans.We could easily say the same about the SFA.

The SRU may be but that is not the players and not all of the fans.We could easily say the same about the SFA.

Was told years ago that a comment made by Shade Munro would suggest it is

How many top Scottish Rugby players (past or present) came out for Yes ?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/referendum/343335/scottish-rugby-legends-put-the-boot-in-to-yes-campaign/

Was told years ago that a comment made by Shade Munro would suggest it is

How many top Scottish Rugby players (past or present) came out for Yes ?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/referendum/343335/scottish-rugby-legends-put-the-boot-in-to-yes-campaign/[/quote

To at least be fair to the SRU, they said they wanted nothing to do with that. Hence why the ex-players were "outside" murrayfield and effectively ended up looking like a strange bunch wandering along roseburn street with no particular purpose.

Strokosch wasn't singing the anthem and I seem to remember he always does!

In terms of the game, it was pretty good, but a better team would have hammered our defence. Got sloppy at the end and it cost us in world ranking points, for what they're worth, as the margin of victory went below 15 points. Still - was a good win and kept a bit of the feelgood factor.