The Arc - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Arc

Charlie Endell

Me too

Had four on the day though Tarfasha was a sore one as I had her in a three cross with Found & Full Mast.

watched it back today and Avenir Certain was next to Treve travelling like a travelly thing two out and found hee-haw.The doubts on her staying were confirmed.

On form this season the winner couldn't be seriously backed but fair play to Mme Head-Maarek for getting her back on song for the big one.TBF to her she was telling everyone for two weeks that she had Treve back .

Found will win the Oaks next year if she runs at Epsom.NAP.

Just back from Paris much poorer than when I left on Friday, the French stewards are s.

I'm surprised at that - everyone I've spoken to that's been to Longchamp has raved about the experience. I'm tempted to go myself one year but I can't drink French beer - despites Eric's best efforts to promote it.

I'm surprised at that - everyone I've spoken to that's been to Longchamp has raved about the experience. I'm tempted to go myself one year but I can't drink French beer - despites Eric's best efforts to promote it.

The experience itself was fine getting to the track and back was painless but the PMU is confusing and only caters to the French (especially when there was an enquiry) in spite of the very larger numbers of British and Japanese punters, Heineken at the track (6 euros) though the run out of it on the Sunday afternoon. But that's me done it can't see myself going back.

I've never even bet on the Tote here, so reckon the PMU would bamboozle me! One chap I know said he was placing bets with an Englishman in one of the bars - not sure I'd be too confident of claiming a big win from such a 'bookie'...

6 Euros for a Heineken - that's outrageous for a brew that's actually worse than Kronenberg & co.!

I've never been, but people who have said it's no royal ascot.

A good weekends racing though.

If I were to go a lot of my bets would already be placed before I went. Although that would take some of the fun out,

6 euro a drink, that's cheaper than a bottle of bulmers at Perth!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not quite Longchamp, but Villa v Spurs tomorrow, then off to Wolves on Monday for GB track number 43. Only 16 to go after that, 17 when Chelmsford City opens in January.

That be your first venture into the world of AW racing? Hope you get on better at Wolves than I have done in my two visits (no winners!)

My racing has been on something of a hiatus this year (first child was born in September) but back up and running now with a visit to Musselburgh on Friday and Leicester a week on Monday. Also going to Gold Cup day at Cheltenham.

Congratulations on SSS junior - not surprised you're on a hiatus!

Will let you know how I get on today, but I backed Villa yesterday, which doesn't bode well...

Leicester (racecourse) is a very pleasant - the racecourse is actually in Oadby - you'll notice the difference as you head out there from Leicester itself (which is pretty grim!). It's not even that far from Leicester city centre - I paid about six quid in a taxi.

Edited by Charlie Endell