Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours - Page 16 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players Summer Transfer Rumours

ProudScot

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker Olivier McBurnie has joined Swansea from Bradford for an undisclosed fee. (Source: @SwansOfficial)

Anybody heard of this dude? 19 years old.

Played a number of games for u17 and u19's....

Was on loan at Chester last season and couple of first team appearances for Bradford.

Was linked with Man United couple of years back.

Striker Olivier McBurnie has joined Swansea from Bradford for an undisclosed fee. (Source: @SwansOfficial)

Anybody heard of this dude? 19 years old.

Wow, they are filling there reserves with young Scots down in South Wales. Stephen Kingsley, Jay Fulton, Adam King (on loan at Crewe Alexandra until 5 January 2016) and now McBurnie. Some exciting things happening there I hope!

Jay Fulton got some good first team experience last season and was pretty solid in their win at Southampton if I remember correctly.

Edited by kmcca5

Boro allegedly bidding £14m for Jordan Rhodes. I like the lad, but £14m?! (I think it's £8m plus whatever if he scores a load of goals/ gets Boro promoted/ etc).

If you look at the going price for average/reasonably unproven players in England, £14m is probably about right. However, that's more related to the overinflated market down there, than what the players are actually worth. Blame Sky.

Apparently WBA agree a £5m fee for Marshall.

I suppose if the are prepare to shell out that amount of money they must see him as more than just a back-up.

It would be good to see the big guy back in the EPL if it goes through. He earned a fair bit of praise during his time there with Cardiff.

Not sure how good a move that is for him. West Brom already have Ben Foster and Boaz Myhill at the club (unless one or both are expected to leave).

Myhill isn't very good. He played a bit for Hull at PL level when they were first promoted, but he's pretty much been a backup ever since (39 league games for WBA in 5 years).

Foster would be first choice, but he has a knee injury. Apparently won't be fit until October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33640510

Edited by morrison1982

Myhill isn't very good. He played a bit for Hull at PL level when they were first promoted, but he's pretty much been a backup ever since (39 league games for WBA in 5 years).

Foster would be first choice, but he has a knee injury. Apparently won't be fit until October.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33640510

Marshall is much better than Foster.

Marshall is much better than Foster.

I think so, but he would have to prove that in the two months or so before Foster recovers from injury. What I meant by saying that "Foster would be first choice" is that West Brom wouldn't be in the market for a goalie if his injury wasn't dragging on for so long (they initially thought he would be fit by now).

Edited by morrison1982