Ireland Squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Squad

Stuart87

Republic of Ireland squad

Goalkeepers: David Forde (Millwall), Shay Given (Aston Villa), Keiren Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday), Darren Randolph (Birmingham)

Defenders: Richard Keogh (Derby), Marc Wilson (Stoke), Seamus Coleman (Everton), Cyrus Christie (Derby), John O'Shea (Sunderland), Alex Pearce (Reading), Paul McShane (Hull), Stephen Ward (Burnley)

Midfielders: James McCarthy (Everton), Jeff Hendrick (Derby), Harry Arter (Bournemouth), Glenn Whelan (Stoke), Aiden McGeady (Everton), James McClean (Wigan), Alan Judge (Brentford), Robbie Brady (Hull), Anthony Pilkington (Cardiff), Stephen Quinn (Hull), David Meyler (Hull), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich)

Forwards: Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy), Shane Long (Southampton), Daryl Murphy (Ipswich), Jon Walters (Stoke), Kevin Doyle (Colorado Rapids), Anthony Stokes (Celtic), David McGoldrick (Ipswich), Rooney (Aberdeen), Simon Cox (Reading)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a closed door game against Northern Ireland arranged for just before the England game, so would imagine a lot of the fringe players will play in that with probably very minimal involvement in the England and Scotland games

After looking at their midfield there it stands out from the rest of their squad as the weakest area. You can start to see already that mon will be looking to play his usual of bypassing the midfield in favour of high balls to Walters etc and feed off the knock downs.

Northern Ireland and England, I don't think we could have picked two better opponents for them to play before our match. Hopefully both games descend into battles.

not if they get a hiding off England, if any of their players get sent off would they be suspended for our game ?

It's a preliminary squad. O'Neil will trim a number of players off it in a week or so.

Would take Keogh, Coleman, Wilson, Brady, McCarthy and Long for our squad in a heartbeat.

As the saying go's " if it's no Scottish it's crap" !!!!

Jack Grealish has to told them thanks but no thanks. O'Neill standing on his doorstep with a bunch of roses and Grealish slams it in his pus, although calls out from an upstairs window that maybe he'll consider if England give him a KB. Brasser.

After looking at their midfield there it stands out from the rest of their squad as the weakest area. You can start to see already that mon will be looking to play his usual of bypassing the midfield in favour of high balls to Walters etc and feed off the knock downs.

Their goalies are either pish or 50.

Northern Ireland and England, I don't think we could have picked two better opponents for them to play before our match. Hopefully both games descend into battles.

The North game will be a training session - nothing more due to it been behind closed doors

The North have their own big games too worry about and will want to avoid injuries like us

Jack Grealish has to told them thanks but no thanks. O'Neill standing on his doorstep with a bunch of roses and Grealish slams it in his pus, although calls out from an upstairs window that maybe he'll consider if England give him a KB. Brasser.

Know the facts before you start posting complete b*llox like a good man

Grealish's Father:

“We appreciated the call from Martin yesterday but there was no way Jack was going to accept,” said Kevin Grealish.

“I reiterated to Martin what we had told (Ireland U-21 manager) Noel King. Jack opted to take the year out to concentrate on Aston Villa and that decision has proved to be correct one based upon how he’s doing lately.

“It would be the same answer if England were to make an approach."

Jack has being playing for us since he was 14 - expect to see him in the green again come october

I find it extraordinary that a youngster, mainly unproven, has the temerity to string any Country along with regards to who he may play with. The line of "he'll take a year out" is the biggest load of shite I've ever heard. The boy could have a decent football career infront of him, then again he may not develop the way some want him to. He isn't going to be the next Zidane or Messi.

I find it extraordinary that a youngster, mainly unproven, has the temerity to string any Country along with regards to who he may play with. The line of "he'll take a year out" is the biggest load of shite I've ever heard. The boy could have a decent football career infront of him, then again he may not develop the way some want him to. He isn't going to be the next Zidane or Messi.

haha i know, what a load of shite, a year out from strenuous U21 camps a couple of times a year when he wasnt even getting a game for villa, his dad sounds like an absolute throbber, going on radio shows to talk about his son and wearing his top from the semi final to drop his other kids off for school, talk about living your life through your son. mega cringe.

even with his "year out" why couldn't he say "I'm firmly committed to playing for ireland, that is the only country I want to play for but at this time i am concentrating on my club career" you can tell MON is raging about the whole situation he was trying to be as diplomatic as possible in the press conference and would have loved to have had him in his squad for our game

Edited by LewisEDI

The North game will be a training session - nothing more due to it been behind closed doors

The North have their own big games too worry about and will want to avoid injuries like us

Know the facts before you start posting complete b*llox like a good man

Grealish's Father:

“We appreciated the call from Martin yesterday but there was no way Jack was going to accept,” said Kevin Grealish.

“I reiterated to Martin what we had told (Ireland U-21 manager) Noel King. Jack opted to take the year out to concentrate on Aston Villa and that decision has proved to be correct one based upon how he’s doing lately.

“It would be the same answer if England were to make an approach."

Jack has being playing for us since he was 14 - expect to see him in the green again come october

I see your point but I disagree - Money talks and he will have his head turned by England now I expect

I suspect Grealish would pick England assuming he's good enough. Which is a shame considering he's played all levels of youth for Ireland. Highlights the ridiculous rules but that's the danger in picking English born players. Something we know all too well.

haha i know, what a load of shite, a year out from strenuous U21 camps a couple of times a year when he wasnt even getting a game for villa, his dad sounds like an absolute throbber, going on radio shows to talk about his son and wearing his top from the semi final to drop his other kids off for school, talk about living your life through your son. mega cringe.

even with his "year out" why couldn't he say "I'm firmly committed to playing for ireland, that is the only country I want to play for but at this time i am concentrating on my club career" you can tell MON is raging about the whole situation he was trying to be as diplomatic as possible in the press conference and would have loved to have had him in his squad for our game

I do agree with ye both - he is far from proven and it is crazy how two countries are fighting for his services at this stage

I will say that he has always been highly thought off since he was a youth player - but i do realise in the greater scheme of things that means squat

In all honesty , my opinion is that MON should not have gone near him till the autumn

I suspect Grealish would pick England assuming he's good enough. Which is a shame considering he's played all levels of youth for Ireland. Highlights the ridiculous rules but that's the danger in picking English born players. Something we know all too well.

The only thing I would say on that - is that England have tried to nab him from our underage setups on numerous occassions at various levels and he has always stayed loyal to Ireland and rejected their advances when at those levels he would have walked into the england underage teams

He said a few mths back that he would be back playing for our U21 side in September

Watch this space............

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising