Ireland Squad - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland Squad

Stuart87

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lads, can we give all this "Ireland pinched oor players" a fecking rest now ? This is on the verge of turning into the average, stupid, obsessive FollowFollow or Rangurzmeeja thread.

In leaving that bloody eejit Ross Mathie in charge of our youth development, we had an adherent of the "hoof it as hard as ye can", "break their No. 7's legs if he does that again" brand of football, not to mention his blatantly obvious belief that if you played for Hamilton Accies then you must be pish. Feck all that rubbish about saying nice things about people once they've retired or the "X years of loyal service he's put in", this man held us back and was a appalling failure. He deserves no plaudits. I was for one was glad when he retired.

A stupid antiquated rule about not being able to play for your school and Scotland youth also didn't help us with McGeady but I think he had unfortunately made up his mind already.

Now I was just as sore as anyone when we lost both these players, they'd have been good options for us had we kept them. And yes, McGeady's insulting and pathetic "I'm so oppressed in Scotland" agenda added salt to the wounds. However, what's done is done. There's nothing you or I can do about now. It's best to move on.

There were huge failings on the SFA's part let's not forget. Fingers crossed they've been fixed now and we never have this situation gain.

Let's move on and support Scotland for fücks sake.

Lads, can we give all this "Ireland pinched oor players" a fecking rest now ? This is on the verge of turning into the average, stupid, obsessive FollowFollow or Rangurzmeeja thread.

In leaving that bloody eejit Ross Mathie in charge of our youth development, we had an adherent of the "hoof it as hard as ye can", "break their No. 7's legs if he does that again" brand of football, not to mention his blatantly obvious belief that if you played for Hamilton Accies then you must be pish. Feck all that rubbish about saying nice things about people once they've retired or the "X years of loyal service he's put in", this man held us back and was a appalling failure. He deserves no plaudits. I was for one was glad when he retired.

A stupid antiquated rule about not being able to play for your school and Scotland youth also didn't help us with McGeady but I think he had unfortunately made up his mind already.

Now I was just as sore as anyone when we lost both these players, they'd have been good options for us had we kept them. And yes, McGeady's insulting and pathetic "I'm so oppressed in Scotland" agenda added salt to the wounds. However, what's done is done. There's nothing you or I can do about now. It's best to move on.

There were huge failings on the SFA's part let's not forget. Fingers crossed they've been fixed now and we never have this situation gain.

Let's move on and support Scotland for fücks sake.

-

I guess another 15 years and we won't really behaving these discussions with Ireland - the gradparents, even with irish descent will be born in scotland

the discussions will be with Poilish, Latvian, Lituanian etc etc :-) "His name is Potocka" - "aye, but he's scottish"

-

I guess another 15 years and we won't really behaving these discussions with Ireland - the gradparents, even with irish descent will be born in scotland

the discussions will be with Poilish, Latvian, Lituanian etc etc :-) "His name is Potocka" - "aye, but he's scottish"

:-)):-)):-))

:-)):-)):-))

joking apart - work for oil company so 1 of the girls moved from Moscow to Aberdeen, and she married Latvian guy

her son is about 5 now, but she regards him as being Scottish since was born, and brought up in Scotland

joking apart - work for oil company so 1 of the girls moved from Moscow to Aberdeen, and she married Latvian guy

her son is about 5 now, but she regards him as being Scottish since was born, and brought up in Scotland

Is he any good though?

Didn't both of the above play age group football for Scotland first?

Mccarthy - Ireland U17, U18, U19 and U21.

McGeady - played for Scotland schools while he was at Queens Park, then when he moved to Celtic, rules/policies of Celtic and the SFA appear to have pushed him towards Ireland. Celtic didn't let him play for his school team. Scotland had a rule that they only picked players who played for the school. Ireland came calling and the rest is history.

• 2 weeks later...

England would hardly be stealing Grealish

Born in England, parents born in England

gradparent rule being used by Ireland

His great great grandfatehr got capped for England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Garraty

Lots of discussions lately on this same point about Grealish, how English he is, only qualifying

for Ireland through the grandparent rule. Sky's Sunday Supplement especially did it recently,two weeks in a row.

What they never mention is, three of his four grandparents are/were Irish.

He's more Irish than he seems on face value.

I do think there's a really good chance, he will switch to England now.

Lots of discussions lately on this same point about Grealish, how English he is, only qualifying

for Ireland through the grandparent rule. Sky's Sunday Supplement especially did it recently,two weeks in a row.

would agree with you he is irish then

Northern Ireland and England, I don't think we could have picked two better opponents for them to play before our match. Hopefully both games descend into battles.

The games between the home nations and ROI are no longer meaningful unless it's a competitive game. Last England game at CP was terrible made them look like Spain.

keane is still working his way back to full fitness (which is good news)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/05/30/robbie-keane-question-mark-la-galaxy-ahead-mls-cup-rematch-new-england-revol

interesting that it looks like he wont be playing in their next game as arena and o'neil agreed for him to miss the england game to get game time over there.

Edited by LewisEDI

I see that the article states "Scottish tickets are on pre-sale through clubs and leagues.". Not sold out yet? What's the next step - Spar shops in Dublin? I am sorted ticket wise, so just asking out of interest.

I see that the article states "Scottish tickets are on pre-sale through clubs and leagues.". Not sold out yet? What's the next step - Spar shops in Dublin? I am sorted ticket wise, so just asking out of interest.

I will have two what clubs do I need to contact anybody ??

Been told by a good source it is sold out. Clubs have until Monday to return any tickets not sold but they expecting very few if any to be returned. Seeing as the game is 13 days away now a general sale is extremely unlikely even if they get tickets returned Edited by Donegal-lad

Just echoeing what donegal lad.....its sold out. Have been trying to get extra tickets for friends and a couple on here but its proving very difficult

• 3 months later...

seems like you were correct - the wee turncoat

seems like you were correct - the wee turncoat

Ah its unfortunate.......the guy has done nothing in football yet but does have a lot of potential

Would have been nice if he had stuck with us (and tbh i thought he would) ......as unlike England .....we dont have a big pool of players to choose from

But sure what can you do.....despite his strong Irish roots .....he was born and raised in England......so ill give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to that rather than the financial side of things been the reason he switched over to England from Us.

The International Change rule has benefited us in the past .... so we cant complain too much.