Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar

tartanpar

What principle is this? Also if we get to the WC will your 20 no be there either?

Slave labour?

Employees living in the poorest of conditions while oil tycoons working them to the bone for 20 hours per day?

ZERO human rights?

Have you ever been to Qatar?

Immigrants workers are treated worse than dogs and its acceptable across there.

World Cup in Qatar? Money talks!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing all these folk giving the Qatar game a miss out of principle never went to the England game either given the long history of human rights violations by the Brits over the years?

Nah? Didn't think so.

You thought wrong.

Didn't go to the England game, won't be at the Qatar game.

:ok:

I'm guessing all these folk giving the Qatar game a miss out of principle never went to the England game either given the long history of human rights violations by the Brits over the years?

Nah? Didn't think so.

What is the point of you?

You mentioned the violation of human rights by the brits over the years? But I gather you still go/watch Scotland games?

My point is that, we take up around 20 folk from Girvan and Edinburgh is around 85 miles away. The meaningless friendly v one of the lowest ranked sides that we can play.

Also this is a friendly against one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

The biggest, most corrupt country we have probably played in recent times is the Yanks and we played them home and away!

My point is that, we take up around 20 folk from Girvan and Edinburgh is around 85 miles away. The meaningless friendly v one of the lowest ranked sides that we can play.

I'm asking what your point is about me still attending Scotland games?

I don't really care about what anyone from Girvan does, never mind 20 of them.

Edited by At U Peter

The biggest, most corrupt country we have probably played in recent times is the Yanks and we played them home and away!

Indeed. Seems strange for people to single out Qatar when you could make an argument for boycotting every national team in the world if you're using the same logic.

Indeed. Seems strange for people to single out Qatar when you could make an argument for boycotting every national team in the world if you're using the same logic.

Agreed. My sole reason for going to see Scotland is to see Scotland. The same reason I used to visit Ibrox to see Saints even though I hated the goings on in that place.

There are more teams ranked below Qatar than above them.

Edited by tartanpar

That's a fair point.

Qatar just do it so blatantly and it's a direct result of the World Cup but you're right about the U.S.

We played Brazil and people were dying over there because of the World Cup.

i'm boycotting as i will be away for work, as much as i am against this as i think this game has more to do with activities behind the scenes than football and the disgrace that is them hosting the WC i would probably have gone along anyway as its 15 mins from my flat and a good excuse for a peeve and to witness the homecoming of LG.

I wonder if there will be any demonstrations at the game ? wouldn't be surprised if there is a pitch invader or banner's by human rights groups, is it on TV ?

Slave labour?

Employees living in the poorest of conditions while oil tycoons working them to the bone for 20 hours per day?

ZERO human rights?

Have you ever been to Qatar?

Immigrants workers are treated worse than dogs and its acceptable across there.

World Cup in Qatar? Money talks!

Agreed.

Because of principle. Not a country I would visit.

Fair enough guys, I obviously think the treatment of the workers over there is terrible. Rightly so there has been a spotlight on the workers building the stadiums over there but if I were to take the same attitude then I would not be able to visit Dubai, China or India where the workers conditions are as bad