Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Qatar Airways Cup - Scotland V Qatar

tartanpar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. Seems strange for people to single out Qatar when you could make an argument for boycotting every national team in the world if you're using the same logic.

Did you agree with the sporting ban on South Africa during apartheid? Do you think it was ok for the England team to give Hitler a nazi salute in 1936?

There are degrees to everything, and the question is where do you draw the line. Many obviously draw it past Qatar with its current human rights abuses but are perhaps willing to turn a blind eye to England and the historic evils of the British Empire.

Did you agree with the sporting ban on South Africa during apartheid? Do you think it was ok for the England team to give Hitler a nazi salute in 1936?

There are degrees to everything, and the question is where do you draw the line. Many obviously draw it past Qatar with its current human rights abuses but are perhaps willing to turn a blind eye to England and the historic evils of the British Empire.

England / British Empire

Are we now airbrushing Scotland's involvement out of this

New Zealand may well have boycotted our WC 82 game....

Given there's a cup to play for, will there be extra time if its level after 90 minutes?

I imagine it would go straight to pens. Unfortunately the SFA have not confirmed what will happen (I did ask on twitter).

First ever concentration camp was in South Africa under the orders from the British empire

Appologies for the Qatar thing, maybe my own personal hatred for the place. I worked out there for 9 month and witnessed some shocking stuff. Aye plenty of countries do have their own brown envelope brigade, us included.

Appologies for the Qatar thing, maybe my own personal hatred for the place. I worked out there for 9 month and witnessed some shocking stuff. Aye plenty of countries do have their own brown envelope brigade, us included.

not read back through the thread, but no need to apologise IMHO. i spent only 1 day there and that was enough seeing the migrant workers in the 40 degree heat on the building sites on the walk from my hotel to the local supermarket.

£3 booking fee and £2 for postage.

Given the scandalous pricing for the qualifiers you'd have thought the SFA would be trying to kiss arse just a tad. But heck no, they think slapping on a booking fee will endear the fans even further. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...