Scotland Squad - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Squad

wanderer

Right so the Irish squad is dreadful but the Scottish one is strong. Got it

I just find the general attidude from Scots on here amusing. A couple of wins against Croatia and all of a sudden Scotland are a force to be reckoned with.

Come, come Mr Green!

Prior to this same fixture at Parkheid there were numerous Irish posters on here (a Scotland fans’ message board) saying the Scotland squad was poor, discounting anyone that played for Celtic and saying the Irish squad was significantly superior.

It’s a good bit quieter this time around, however I politely suggest that if you’re not keen on reading posts bigging up Scotland’s chances then this isn’t the place for you?

If you are a little more discerning you will find posts on here also saying Hutton/Bannan/Adam/Griffiths/InsertNameofPlayerinScotlandSquad is pash...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of that squad only Gordon, Adam, Brown, D Fletcher, McArthur & Griffiths are actually playing regularly for a premiership club or cetlic

Not as strong as we think unfortunately

If you add together Fletcher, Adam and McArthur's league starts this season then I suppose you may have a full Premier League season between them.

No Armstrong GMS or Rhodes is baffling. Strachan at Celtic has his favourited (Caldwell) and seemed to refused to drop them.

Mulgrew is versatile but ain't played for months and Forrest whilst being a good option isn't a regular for Celtic.

I wouldn't say Rhodes being left out is baffling. He doesn't fit into the system that Strachan prefers and isn't the sort of player who is going to hold the ball up and bring others into the game.

On recent form, I would have had GMS in the squad before Forrest, although I do think the latter can cause them problems.

Don't understand why Strachan continually doesn't pick Bardsley. Much better option to cover left and right back than Whittaker.

Also don't understand people dismissing Ireland s squad and bumming up ours. there is nothing between the teams as the game at Celtic Park showed. We just showed a bit of imagination which won us the game.

Its always one player in his starting line up where not many people would have the likes of Bannan, Greer, Ritchie in the starting line up considering the option we have available, yet Strachan always does seem to have that one player in most his teams that raises a eyebrow and gets a muttered "why is he starting????" in the background.

His formation very rarely changes (as you said, Gibraltar he got it wrong and could have been very close to being his 4-6-0) yet it is a trend in his team to have that one player in it that maybe not everyone agrees with being there.

And he continually gets it right more often than not and proves the moaners wrong. The best players available don't always mean the best team. Strachan gets the best from players and knows who can do a job for the good of the team.

In relation to Gibraltar he knew he got it wrong and changed it. He wasn't too stubborn to admit it wasn't working.

Don't understand why Strachan continually doesn't pick Bardsley. Much better option to cover left and right back than Whittaker.

Also don't understand people dismissing Ireland s squad and bumming up ours. there is nothing between the teams as the game at Celtic Park showed. We just showed a bit of imagination which won us the game.

i think its obvious there is an issue behind the scenes there.

Come, come Mr Green!

Prior to this same fixture at Parkheid there were numerous Irish posters on here (a Scotland fans’ message board) saying the Scotland squad was poor, discounting anyone that played for Celtic and saying the Irish squad was significantly superior.

It’s a good bit quieter this time around, however I politely suggest that if you’re not keen on reading posts bigging up Scotland’s chances then this isn’t the place for you?

If you are a little more discerning you will find posts on here also saying Hutton/Bannan/Adam/Griffiths/InsertNameofPlayerinScotlandSquad is pash...

Ah here - i know of one Irish Poster on this forum who was making the claims that Scotland were poor and that we would beat ye , and that Poster was given a reality dose with the result in Parkhead

Scotland are a good side who deserve to be respected and if we dont play to our potential then it will be a repeat result in Dublin

On a seperate note: Why has it taking so long for Charlie Adam to be recalled? Did he have a falling out with management?/Lack of game time/ Club form?

On a seperate note: Why has it taking so long for Charlie Adam to be recalled? Did he have a falling out with management?/Lack of game time/ Club form?

because he is not good enough for international football and has played one good half in his international career, dont start bigging him up now in a thinly veiled attempt to enhance his chances of playing against you ;-)

Adam being called up now could be seen as a bit of PR if you ask me. Couldn't risk leaving him out given his goal scoring form. As mentioned he's not done much of note for Stoke until recently and had only started about 3 games before April I think.

Rumours of him going to Leeds in the summer.

On the basis of playing regularly, Darren Fletcher stands a decent chance of starting in Dublin. Agree that Griffiths is rightly in ahead of Rhodes and Martin, with the former being less suited to the style of play/amount of the ball we'll have in Dublin, and the latter being shyte.

Stop taking the pish you. :lol: It's because he is pretty shyte.

From memory I think he has only had one good game for Scotland and that was only half a game really.

I just find the general attidude from Scots on here amusing. A couple of wins against Croatia and all of a sudden Scotland are a force to be reckoned with.

Come, come Mr Green!

because he is not good enough for international football and has played one good half in his international career, dont start bigging him up now in a thinly veiled attempt to enhance his chances of playing against you ;-)

Mulgrew??? He's been out injured for months and before that his form was utter gash!

Stop taking the pish you. :lol: It's because he is pretty shyte.

From memory I think he has only had one good game for Scotland and that was only half a game really.

See? Hang around for long enough and you'll get a reasonably balanced view of our squad.

Start a thread on Hutton or Bannan and see what happens!

I'm all for loyalty but some of the latest selections stretches it to the limit. Both Mulgrew and Hutton have hardly kicked a ball and Forrest is a very poor pick, it's not that we don't have other options who could have joined the squad