Fa Cup Final - Alan Hutton - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fa Cup Final - Alan Hutton

ianp

Does he?

Well...err...yes. Even when he was outcasted at Villa and not getting first team football he still put in very good shifts for us. Lets remember around that campaign in group with Italy, France and Ukraine he was being labelled 'the white Cafu' and since then can you pinpoint matches he has cost us results?

Edited by Caledonian Craig

I think Hutton is a decent player, but I feel that most of our supporters make him out to be better than he is

Yes that is a fair thing to say about many of our players though. I would say he is much better for his attacking than defending but what he lends to attacks with marauding runs forward do help create confusion, overlaps and goals for us. Defensively, a better option probably would be Phil Bardsley but you lose out on the attacking side with that option.

I know that this is a board for discussion and all that, but is there anything to really discuss when it comes to Hutton?

We all generally agree that he's not a great defender, we all generally agree that he offers slightly more in an attacking sense, we all generally agree that there are not any outstanding alternatives and we all know for a fact that Strachan will pick him and play him.

If Hutton is fit, he plays. It's really that simple and whether he plays at Villa or not or whether he plays well or not seems to have absolutely no bearing on that.

I know that this is a board for discussion and all that, but is there anything to really discuss when it comes to Hutton?

We all generally agree that he's not a great defender, we all generally agree that he offers slightly more in an attacking sense, we all generally agree that there are not any outstanding alternatives and we all know for a fact that Strachan will pick him and play him.

If Hutton is fit, he plays. It's really that simple and whether he plays at Villa or not or whether he plays well or not seems to have absolutely no bearing on that.

Nail on the head. :ok:

Hutton's Scotland career in a nutshell

He is rank at defending.totally accountable for numerous goals for club and country.he will always start in Dublin as Strachan loves him.

Can you give me 5 examples of the numerous goals he is totally accountable for while playing for Scotland please? If there are "numerous" I thought 5 would be an easy amount for you to back up that comment with.

Can you give me 5 examples of the numerous goals he is totally accountable for while playing for Scotland please? If there are "numerous" I thought 5 would be an easy amount for you to back up that comment with.

Agreed I would see a fit Hutton in the team for his experience.

Sure you can pick out a lot of his defence errors along the way if you feel the need.

But as for the Ireland game as a one off his running down the wing will be a great plus for us !

Guest allyc

2 goals against Poland and the opener against Serbia off the top of my head....and I fully expect him to start as there is no one else really.

Edited by allyc

Didn't he switch off for the throw in Italy took to score in the first 5 mins at Hampden back in 2007? It sticks in my memory thinking Hutton was partly to blame by not being switched on.

Don't get me wrong if fit he starts in my book, best option and he deserves his place.

Didn't he switch off for the throw in Italy took to score in the first 5 mins at Hampden back in 2007? It sticks in my memory thinking Hutton was partly to blame by not being switched on.

Don't get me wrong if fit he starts in my book, best option and he deserves his place.

Hutton and Brown.