Steven Fletcher - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Fletcher

dezmondo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met Fletcher on a night out once - he was pretty dull and clearly watching what he was drinking/doing. Even if he had a particularly mad wan - he's a professional footballer, his recovery time will be far quicker than you or I... Be back to full fitness after a couple of training sessions. Hope he bags a few in Dublin :wink2:

Professional sportsmen shouldn't be drinking anything. How many of the Germany, Spain, Italy teams have guys who get monged at the weekend? (I dont actually have an answer for that). I know its not exactly compatible with Scottish society though...

Andy Murray doesn't drink a drop and he's one of the only world class sportsmen we have. But of course he was removed from Scottish culture as soon as it was possible.

Professional sportsmen shouldn't be drinking anything. How many of the Germany, Spain, Italy teams have guys who get monged at the weekend? (I dont actually have an answer for that). I know its not exactly compatible with Scottish society though...

Andy Murray doesn't drink a drop and he's one of the only world class sportsmen we have. But of course he was removed from Scottish culture as soon as it was possible.

Love Andy more than life itself and totally agree that it shows that those who stay dry throughout the season whither it be football or tennis, have better fitness and concentration levels.

Think Pirlo and Buffon have been out on the Wazz in the build up to the champions league final this weekend?

Love Andy more than life itself and totally agree that it shows that those who stay dry throughout the season whither it be football or tennis, have better fitness and concentration levels.

Think Pirlo and Buffon have been out on the Wazz in the build up to the champions league final this weekend?

I do not have an issue with that viewpoint at all. It is those that never had an issue with Scott Brown doing it but do have an issue with Steven Fletcher doing it that is totally wrong. Frankly stinks and is double standards. Either you stand on the side of no drinking at all and berate every player who has a drink or you are fine with them letting their hair down and having a bevvy no matter who the player is and not say 'Oh Scott Brown can do it but Fletcher can't'.

After the Scotland Germany game, the draw at hampden in 2006 I was at a wedding in the McDonald crutherland in East Kilbride. Was drinking in a quiet bar area of the hotel when the German national side game in. I was asked to leave by staff but told to stay by the players. Spent a vast part of the night with the players. Cracking guys. Almost to a man they all ended up blootered. Guys at the very top of their game. It didn't seem to do them any harm. Professional sportsmen can have a bevy of they so desire it just shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

If we keep pulling at this thread we'll end up with another boozegate scenario from the Netherlands quali circa 2009. And don't need any of that bad press in the build up to Dublin

I myself have had my flights to Dublin booked since directly after the Germany game in September so I find it odd that a professional footballer couldn't find another flight and time of the year to have his stag do.

Just hope that he doesn't let himself but more importantly the rest of the team down, that's all that really matters.

TBH a number of the squad are posting their holiday snaps on Twitter and such over the last week (Charlie Mulgrew has posted quite a few from some exotic destination, Andrew Robertson in Dubai).

Only Anya seems to be the one working on his fitness (seems to be posting a number of pic's of himself at some army style fitness camp).

Nothing to worry about with Fletcher, as sure it will have come with Strachans blessing and probably got up to no worse than any other sports person on their stag doo (if he had been up to no good press would have probably picked up on in..... its hardly Teddy Sheringham and Gazza in the Dentists Chair while in Hong Kong!)

Edited by wanderer

After the Scotland Germany game, the draw at hampden in 2006 I was at a wedding in the McDonald crutherland in East Kilbride. Was drinking in a quiet bar area of the hotel when the German national side game in. I was asked to leave by staff but told to stay by the players. Spent a vast part of the night with the players. Cracking guys. Almost to a man they all ended up blootered. Guys at the very top of their game. It didn't seem to do them any harm. Professional sportsmen can have a bevy of they so desire it just shouldn't be a regular occurrence.

That would have been their last game of the season.

Quite a pathetic thread really. I'm pretty sure a seasoned professional knows how to look after himself and he is allowed a life. Just because people don't like him doesn't mean he will be getting plastered all the time. Ever thought he actually wants to play for Scotland and qualify for a tournament himself?? Thought not blinded by your prejudice of him!!!

Going now might be easier for most of his mates to go as people have family holidays to go as well

Edited by radian_13

Quite a pathetic thread really. I'm pretty sure a seasoned professional knows how to look after himself and he is allowed a life. Just because people don't like him doesn't mean he will be getting plastered all the time. Ever thought he actually wants to play for Scotland and qualify for a tournament himself?? Thought not blinded by your prejudice of him!!!

Going now might be easier for most of his mates to go as people have family holidays to go as well

Spot on :ok:

Agreed

Agree, I really don't care if he's smashed the whole time and on mushroom shakes banging lady boys. As long as he trains hard when the squad meet up and is good for the game!e, which I'm sure he will.

Heids a bit mince after a long at work so it probably explains why I'm totally flumexed about this Scotland germany game in 2006 ? I have zero recollection of this, what, when, who, score etc? I'm starting to worry aboot masel

Heids a bit mince after a long at work so it probably explains why I'm totally flumexed about this Scotland germany game in 2006 ? I have zero recollection of this, what, when, who, score etc? I'm starting to worry aboot masel

think he might mean 2003, cant recall playing the Germans in 2006

1-1. Germany scored first (from a corner or a dead ball cross into the box) and then we equalised after Colin Cameron took a clever, quick free kick to put Kenny miller through, who slotted the equaliser from quite a tight angle from the right-hand side of the penalty box. Good atmosphere in the sun. I can't remember for sure, but it might have been in June.

Got ye's...spot on. Was guid day in the pub that. Was a bit of poor German side that, for a German side anyway. Good fight back by us none the less. It's funny cause I've been meaning to dig out a 3rd eye from the celebration after the Miller equaliser and share on here for a while.Basically as the camera pans along the cheering stands after the goal I spotted a fan jumping about but then totally vanishing from the picture.Hes obviously been totally decked in all the carnage going on around but it's quite spooky all the same