Jack Harper - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jack Harper

Mabozza Ritchie

Al1978, on 23 Jul 2015 - 1:39 PM, said:

Would have preferred it if he'd gone to Boro or a team with a promising manager. Chris Hughton's always been very average.

He's the Ricky Sbragia of the English Championship.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would have preferred it if he'd gone to Boro or a team with a promising manager. Chris Hughton's always been very average.

I agree with your assessment with Hughton as a manager but at least Harper's gone to a team where there won't be completely unrealistic expectations put onto a 19 year old, think what it would have been like if he'd signed for Celtic for instance.

zahana-oni, on 23 Jul 2015 - 3:18 PM, said:

Admit it you don't rate the boy because he wasn't born in Scotland.

You are the ally mccoist of the ta forums

:lol:

Looks like you've made a James Hunt of yourself again... I rate Harper very highly, from the little i've seen of him he looks like he has the potential to be a really good player and a massive asset to our side. I am a little underwhelmed by the fact he's left Real Madrid to sign for a middle of the road, 2nd tier club down south. I'd have preferred him to have moved to another Spanish club to get first team games. Hopefully i'm wrong and Harper has made a great decision...

Chris Hughton, on the other hand, is a negative, creativity killing, shite manager. From the same mould as Ricky Sbragia and Craig Levein, IMO.

ParisInAKilt, on 23 Jul 2015 - 4:13 PM, said:

He was talking about Chris Houghton :-))

facepalm.jpg

The lunatic has decided that i hate English people because i think the Scotland team shouldn't feature players who only want to play for us because they aren't good enough for their first choice :lol:

I see what you are saying Parklife but in the main this move is good as it is a quiet backwater club - no real pressure. It is a chance for first team football and if he does well he wont be there long.

Put it this way - sooner he is anywhere getting first team football thannplaying at youth levels after all he is 19 and time to show what he can do in first team football.

Caledonian Craig, on 23 Jul 2015 - 4:40 PM, said:

I see what you are saying Parklife but in the main this move is good as it is a quiet backwater club - no real pressure. It is a chance for first team football and if he does well he wont be there long.

Put it this way - sooner he is anywhere getting first team football thannplaying at youth levels after all he is 19 and time to show what he can do in first team football.

I guess. It's just that it felt like there was something to get excited about with Harper - young player, at Real Madrid with a 5 year contract, really wanted to play for Scotland, etc.

Now he's playing alongside Gordon Greer...

Looks like you've made a James Hunt of yourself again... I rate Harper very highly, from the little i've seen of him he looks like he has the potential to be a really good player and a massive asset to our side. I am a little underwhelmed by the fact he's left Real Madrid to sign for a middle of the road, 2nd tier club down south. I'd have preferred him to have moved to another Spanish club to get first team games. Hopefully i'm wrong and Harper has made a great decision...

Chris Hughton, on the other hand, is a negative, creativity killing, shite manager. From the same mould as Ricky Sbragia and Craig Levein, IMO.

I think your words "from the little you have seen of him" tells you that he hasn't quite got the potential you had hoped for.

Also the the name REAL MADRID probably played a factor.

Fair play the guy has chosen what he thinks is his level maybe turn out you barely hear about the guy again.

I think someone on this board picked up the fact we had a young player at Madrid and everybody ran with it...

We shall see eh.

Guest allyc

I guess a youth player at Real Madrid is like being a youth player at any other club.doesn't guarantee you to be a super star.think alot of folk had high hopes for him on that basis alone.don't really know how good a player he is.I think Brighton is an odd club for him to end up at tho.surely he would have had considerably more fashionable clubs trying to sign him?

No need for abuse.You are a failure and a james Morrison hater. Bigoted beast

Savaged Feruz? Yep, you're definitely not a racist.

Nope definitely not. I believe in no racial prejudice hence Barry Ferguson screwed up and earned my wrath and same has gone for others such as S. Fletcher and Duncan Ferguson etc. I gave them stick because they deserved it and the same goes for Feruz - no matter the creed or colour if they piss me off they get my wrath. :ok::wave:

Nope definitely not. I believe in no racial prejudice hence Barry Ferguson screwed up and earned my wrath and same has gone for others such as S. Fletcher and Duncan Ferguson etc. I gave them stick because they deserved it and the same goes for Feruz - no matter the creed or colour if they piss me off they get my wrath. :ok::wave:

I can imagine your wrath being as scary as being chased by a 4 year old girl with a daisy chain.