Pdc World Championship - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pdc World Championship

Scouse Eddie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been that excited watching darts since seeing jocky when I was a kid. Unreal. Those first darts in the 9th set were like nothing Id ever seen. T20 t20 and the third knocking the first two out. He deserved a medal for winning that set alone. His mind must have been all over the place.

Well done Gary fantastic game and deserved it.

Well done Bunting gaining entry into the premier league

Well done Cove for being the boring twat on the Tamb.. :-))

Aye chose the Belgian boy over Thornton, there is a method in Hearns madness, but can't dispute the way he promotes darts.

I guess it will be Van Barneveld's swan song

His capitulation to Taylor in the semi was poor stuff

Oh gary gary gary gary gary gary anderson what a great game of darts that was and brought back memories of jocky in his heyday.Phil was brilliant but gary deserved that by the way he kept battling on but by feck he didnt half put me through the emotional wringer.It was like watching a mixture of raith,liverpool,scotland all in one go which isnt a healthy concoction for health believe me :blink: Its also good to see dave clark still presenting despite his illness which you can tell by the way he talks and holds his arm.Long may he continue though.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Oh gary gary gary gary gary gary anderson what a great game of darts that was and brought back memories of jocky in his heyday.Phil was brilliant but gary deserved that by the way he kept battling on but by feck he didnt half put me through the emotional wringer.It was like watching a mixture of raith,liverpool,scotland all in one go which isnt a healthy concoction for health believe me :blink: Its also good to see dave clark still presenting despite his illness which you can tell by the way he talks and holds his arm.Long may he continue though.

Whats a matter with Dave Clark missed that bit

Parkinsons

FFS you couldn't tell, what a great guy with a nightmare of an illness.

Me bro in laws dad has got it along with dementia he is 61, he is a boss wall tiler and did my kitchen only a few months ago, he is still shithot but watching him struggle when putting the odd tile on the wall is gut renching

No illness is nice especiailly the life threatening ones but seeing dementia / Parkinsons / MS is just as cruel...

You must be too young Dandy to remember the Jocky Wilson - Eric Bristow final in 1989, if you think Taylor - Barneveld was best final ever. For me Jocky beating Bristow was possibly the best moment of sporting theatre I can ever recall.

Any match between Jocky, Bristow or Alun Evans was fantastic to watch - three completely different characters.

I don't have Sky so don't see the PDC stuff - but thoroughly enjoy watching the BDO darts - even though it may be of a lesser standard - its like watching a decent junior match at football or a early FA cup match between lower league teams.

You must be too young Dandy to remember the Jocky Wilson - Eric Bristow final in 1989, if you think Taylor - Barneveld was best final ever. For me Jocky beating Bristow was possibly the best moment of sporting theatre I can ever recall.

Any match between Jocky, Bristow or Alun Evans was fantastic to watch - three completely different characters.

I don't have Sky so don't see the PDC stuff - but thoroughly enjoy watching the BDO darts - even though it may be of a lesser standard - its like watching a decent junior match at football or a early FA cup match between lower league teams.

I am and I thank you haha.

I suppose everyone of a certain generation just buy Into what sky promote and say what was the best.

I do enjoy watching the old games on YouTube,seeing them getting interviewed afterwards and slurring words and everything :lol: