The Open To Sky In 2016 - Page 2 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Open To Sky In 2016

Larky Masher

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently cricket are thinking of chucking Sky because fewer kids are taking it up.

Used to watch cricket all the time. Have hardly seen a game since it went to Sky.

Mind you the BBC used to put it on as a summer substitute for the test card back in the day...

Ewan murray isn't in the same league as allis. I watch the masters sat and sunday on the bbc. No adverts and no colin montgomerie spouting sh#te. Mark roe is a co#k as well. Its a shame san torrance isnt on the bbc team anymore as i enjoyed his commentary. Wayne grady is decent as is ken brown. It'll be the end of an era and really quite sad.

Ewan murray isn't in the same league as allis. I watch the masters sat and sunday on the bbc. No adverts and no colin montgomerie spouting sh#te. Mark roe is a co#k as well. Its a shame san torrance isnt on the bbc team anymore as i enjoyed his commentary. Wayne grady is decent as is ken brown. It'll be the end of an era and really quite sad.

I quite like Ewan Murray.

Can anyone saying that SKY taking the rights will be bad for the game show me any figures that back up the claims that less folk will play?

I presume when the Open is televised in July the uptake in golfers goes through the roof and there are stats and reports to back this up?

Anyone got a link to back up the claims??

No??

Can anyone saying that SKY taking the rights will be bad for the game show me any figures that back up the claims that less folk will play?

I presume when the Open is televised in July the uptake in golfers goes through the roof and there are stats and reports to back this up?

Anyone got a link to back up the claims??

No??

We didn't make the connection. Cricket has. So go and ask them.

We didn't make the connection. Cricket has. So go and ask them.

I think you'll find the whole industry (and golfers) are falling over themselves to tell everyone that is listening that this is what will happen.

Smokescreen while they fail to see the bigger picture.

I think you'll find the whole industry (and golfers) are falling over themselves to tell everyone that is listening that this is what will happen.

Smokescreen while they fail to see the bigger picture.

So do you think a smaller TV audience will actually increase the number of people playing ?

PS - if you do, can you post a link to show that ?

Edited by fringo

So do you think a smaller TV audience will actually increase the number of people playing ?

I, as well as you, can't prove this will happen either way but the industry are hiding behind this instead of dealing with the real reason people are walking from the game.

Trust me, I work within the industry so see it first hand yet the R&A, SGU etc are moving at snails pace to deal with it.

No one like change but if the industry doesn't change fast it'll die.

I, as well as you, can't prove this will happen either way but the industry are hiding behind this instead of dealing with the real reason people are walking from the game.

Trust me, I work within the industry so see it first hand yet the R&A, SGU etc are moving at snails pace to deal with it.

No one like change but if the industry doesn't change fast it'll die.

You work in the golf industry? What do you do? If you don't mind me asking. Edited by dandydunn