St Johnstone V Aberdeen - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

St Johnstone V Aberdeen

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a belter.

If we could sent the crap from our squad like Ambrose,Wakaso, Boerrigter, Tonev, etc, to Aberdeen, they'd walk into the side & stand out like sore thumbs.

I'm happy Aberdeen have offered a wee challenge for a couple of months & hopefully they can keep it up to keep things interesting. In reality, their biggest concern will be trying to hold onto 2nd place.

Utd will win the semi next week & I expect the chat on this thread will be very different if we all come back.

Tonev to Aberdeen? Good god, just imagine the meltdown :-)):-)):-))

Aberdeen fluked it. A couple of spawney saves by their keeper was the difference between a draw and a St J win

Nae sure that's quite right! Draw was fair. St J certainly started much better and played pretty well throughout. Dons had a good few chances though and were pushing for 3 points when St an carved out a few decent chances late on. Good to see Davidson back - decent player.

and will Logan be disciplined for simulation, simulating a head injury when there was obviously no contact above mid-chest level, and then a cynical late challenge on Anderson? not holding my breath tho clearly shown on Sky coverage .

Edited by gonzoal

This thread is a belter.

If we could sent the crap from our squad like Ambrose,Wakaso, Boerrigter, Tonev, etc, to Aberdeen, they'd walk into the side & stand out like sore thumbs.

I'm happy Aberdeen have offered a wee challenge for a couple of months & hopefully they can keep it up to keep things interesting. In reality, their biggest concern will be trying to hold onto 2nd place.

Utd will win the semi next week & I expect the chat on this thread will be very different if we all come back.

patronizing weegie $hyte

This thread is a belter.

Thank you, Father Farrington

If peter lawell is going to open the cheque book the only spfl player I would want him to sign is Stuart Armstrong. I would also want one of the two new centre backs we will need in now.

Don't get me wrong I like the look of a few Aberdeen players and on current form I would agree some of them are doing better than their Celtic counterparts. However whether any of them would improve us in the longer term is another matter entirely.

We've already had a good look at Rooney, Hayes and of course McGinn and decided they weren't for us and I don't think the club got any of those wrong. I also think that as good as Reynolds and Jack have been they would struggle to nail a regular place in our starting line up.

Just my opinion of course but interesting debate nonetheless

PS I would have Shinnie before Izzy!