The Comeback Is On - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Comeback Is On

I apparently have this knack of taking people out of their comfort zone. :lol:

Telling you the Truth is the most loving thing that I can do.

No, never said anything close to that. I do believe that parents should be (shudder) responsible in the example they set though.

Bible-believing Christians give their time and money to society. It was Christians that started the very idea of hospitals.

People fight.

If it isn't for one thing then it would be another.

'Us' v 'Them' is all they need.

Any excuse is good enough.

The 'Bloods' and the 'Crips' fight over 'red' and 'blue'.

Nothing more.

My ancient book says that you will get to experience a world without Christians.

I wasn't taught the Bible by my parents. My Christian walk is only 8 1/2 years old.

I take God at His Word.

My human experience only backs this up.

So you believe in one book above all others?

Me too. It's called Lord of the Rings. It's a much better read than the bible tbh.

Personally I'd ban all organised religion because it's an outdated population control device that is no longer effective.

I know this will hurt you and I'm sorry for that but telling you the truth is the most loving thing I can do.

Well, despite taking tons of abuse I aim to never return in kind while remaining happy and positive.

Scotty, the above quote makes you a hypocrite every time you say "The Rangers" in your posts. Perhaps you need to actually live your own beliefs rather than preach at others.

So you believe in one book above all others?

I do.

There's only one (capital 'G') God, and He only wrote the one Book.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

Me too. It's called Lord of the Rings. It's a much better read than the bible tbh.

If we know the Bible, then we will know Jesus. And if we know Jesus, then we will know God.

Personally I'd ban all organised religion because it's an outdated population control device that is no longer effective.

I am against religion as every one is a false belief system that points away from the only true God.

(We can't ban it though. What kind of a society would we have? Where would you draw the line, and who would decide?)

I know this will hurt you and I'm sorry for that but telling you the truth is the most loving thing I can do.

I already knew, though.

It was the religious order of the day that had Jesus crucified as He was perceived as a threat to their position.

Religion is always mentioned negatively in the Bible except for once where it is qualified by the words 'pure and undefiled'.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1:27

Meaning... If you truly understand and buy into what God's message is then it will show in your love toward those who need it the most.

Scotty, the above quote makes you a hypocrite every time you say "The Rangers" in your posts. Perhaps you need to actually live your own beliefs rather than preach at others.

It's not personal abuse though.

Ribbing a rival fan that their once mighty club fell from within should be fair game considering your 9 in a row and our 19 years in the wilderness.

The shoe is on the other foot.

(You'll just have to take on a thicker skin.)

I do.

There's only one (capital 'G') God, and He only wrote the one Book.

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Timothy 3:16

If we know the Bible, then we will know Jesus. And if we know Jesus, then we will know God.

I am against religion as every one is a false belief system that points away from the only true God.

(We can't ban it though. What kind of a society would we have? Where would you draw the line, and who would decide?)

I already knew, though.

It was the religious order of the day that had Jesus crucified as He was perceived as a threat to their position.

Religion is always mentioned negatively in the Bible except for once where it is qualified by the words 'pure and undefiled'.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world." James 1:27

Meaning... If you truly understand and buy into what God's message is then it will show in your love toward those who need it the most.

It's not personal abuse though.

Ribbing a rival fan that their once mighty club fell from within should be fair game considering your 9 in a row and our 19 years in the wilderness.

The shoe is on the other foot.

(You'll just have to take on a thicker skin.)

Thanks for this Scotty, it gave me a good laugh.

I love the fact you believe in a being for which there is absolutely no empirical evidence despite millions seeking it. It's just like kids with Santa and the tooth fairy.

Also to correct your dodgy facts,God didn't write the bible even if you believe he exists. It was lots of men over hundreds of years.

It is a nice collection of stories to inspire and guide. Sadly too many silly people took it as an accurate history rather than an early Hans Christian Anderson!

Where do you stand on teaching Creationism in schools? Should we teach children myth as if it is true or actual facts?

I know very little about religion but even I know that debating with people who do believe is generally a waste of time. Live and let live and all that.

I know what you mean. A lot of people believe in their teams in a similar way to religions. No reason for it but they're devout.

It's the hypocrisy of people like Scotty that bugs me. He can't see it and preaches to others as if perfect.

As he would say "let those without sin cast the first stone".

What a bizarre thread.

Scotty said "The Rangers" so, the rangers fans say he's a and that God doesn't exist?

Lovely summing up, just totally inaccurate.

My discussion with Scotty has bog all to do with Rangers (or even football tbh) it's his hypocrisy and preaching that have set me off.

I couldn't care less who believes what about Rangers being the same club or not as that's already been dealt with by the football authorities. Everything else on that subject is just banter and wind-up.

Lovely summing up, just totally inaccurate.

My discussion with Scotty has bog all to do with Rangers (or even football tbh) it's his hypocrisy and preaching that have set me off.

I couldn't care less who believes what about Rangers being the same club or not as that's already been dealt with by the football authorities. Everything else on that subject is just banter and wind-up.

well it is at least comforting to know that you trust the football authorities on that subject. Seeing as how they are completely incompetent and wrong on most stuff 90 % of the time.

Falkirk were very good second half against us. Can see them now being the 4th team to get through to the playoffs. This means that by finishing third, you are facing 3 hard home and away playoff matches to get to the SPL.

Hopefully we get a result on Saturday. Although 3 games in hand, always better to have the points on the board. Next Rangers v Hibs game should be a cracker.

Edit: Just seen that our game against Rangers is their next league game! Huge game.

Edited by giblet

Falkirk were very good second half against us. Can see them now being the 4th team to get through to the playoffs. This means that by finishing third, you are facing 3 hard home and away playoff matches to get to the SPL.

Hopefully we get a result on Saturday. Although 3 games in hand, always better to have the points on the board. Next Rangers v Hibs game should be a cracker.

End of Feb isn't it?

I love the fact you believe in a being for which there is absolutely no empirical evidence proof...

There's no empirical proof for evolution either.

Both sides have access to the same evidence. They just interpret it differently.

Christians at least acknowledge that their belief is faith based. Evolutionists don't (even though it is).

...despite millions seeking it.

Millions of Christians have found God, though. (I have.)

It's just like kids with Santa and the tooth fairy.

It's not.

Adult lying aside, even those who say they believe in the flying spaghetti monster or the invisible pink unicorn don't.

However, millions DO believe in the God of the Bible.

Also to correct your dodgy facts,God didn't write the bible even if you believe he exists. It was lots of men over hundreds of years.

The Holy Spirit wrote the Bible through 40 men and women from all walks of life who lived as far as 1,600 miles apart and who lived over a 1,500 year period.

"God did not simply give dictation to the human authors of Scripture; their contribution is real. Their personalities, perspectives, and writing styles are all discernable in the text—as are the unique situations and circumstances of those to whom they were writing. Yet God’s universal message is present from Genesis to Revelation. It is truly amazing that God used so many people to tell his big story, one that transcends language, culture, and time. The Bible is a diverse collection of literature, yet it contains a unified message of redemption and renewal."

It is a nice collection of stories to inspire and guide. Sadly too many silly people took it as an accurate history rather than an early Hans Christian Anderson!

The Bible has never been proven historically inaccurate. (Not even once.)

Where do you stand on teaching Creationism in schools? Should we teach children myth as if it is true or actual facts?

The cruel hoax of the impossible hypothesis of evolution is already taught in schools.

Teaching Creation (or intelligent design for that matter, also) would at least give the students an opportunity to decide for themselves.

I know very little about religion but even I know that debating with people who do believe is generally a waste of time. Live and let live and all that.

Not true. You get to learn stuff!

It's the hypocrisy of people like Scotty that bugs me.

What hypocrisy? (Are you sure you are using the word correctly?)

He can't see it...

Can you be specific?

...and preaches to others as if perfect.

One doesn't have to be perfect to preach.

I'm not.

In fact, I'm greatly flawed.

What a bizarre thread.

Scotty said "The Rangers" so, the rangers fans say he's a and that God doesn't exist?

I know.

It's not like I made a 'succulent lamb' reference.

Everything else on that subject is just banter and wind-up.

You haven't taken it particularly well, but it is a huge week for you.

You have Hibs, Celtic, and meeting payroll all to worry about.

You don't need me twisting the knife too.

I apologise.