Advert In Today's Herald - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Advert In Today's Herald

What the badger is the Herald thinking by actually printing this? Any publication is legally permitted to refuse any advertisement they deem unsuitable or inappropriate, so whoever is their advertising sales rep needs his/her ####in knuckles rapped.

An fixture already highly likely to be troublesome has just been further hyped up. Or is that the plan?

It's not known as The Gerald for nothing ;).

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff.

Truth hurts eh.

And if anyone thinks this is the reason why people wearing green next week will be attacked or verbally abused then they are very much mistaken. We will be targeted like other fans have been in the past for no reason other than right wing nawbag bawbaggery. George square on the 19th of September tells you everything you need to know about the scvm in their support.

Plenty of scum in celtics support too!

Sure they'll be out in force from both sides come Sunday.

Nobody wants this game, nobody wants a ticket, for different reasons depending on your side, but remarkably it's sold out, everyone has their plans in place and Monday off....

Plenty of scum in celtics support too!

Sure they'll be out in force from both sides come Sunday.

Nobody wants this game, nobody wants a ticket, for different reasons depending on your side, but remarkably it's sold out, everyone has their plans in place and Monday off....

I'm working on the Monday.

Good stuff.

Truth hurts eh.

And if anyone thinks this is the reason why people wearing green next week will be attacked or verbally abused then they are very much mistaken. We will be targeted like other fans have been in the past for no reason other than right wing nawbag bawbaggery. George square on the 19th of September tells you everything you need to know about the scvm in their support.

You do understand that Rangers supporters also voted Yes? I should know, I was one of them and I know plenty more.

Perhaps you and the cretins responsible for this fuddery would be better off not trying to poke at the bampots in the Rangers support or is this an attempt to ensure trouble so you can scream "told you "?

Quite frankly the most humiliating thing I've ever seen. All decent Celtic supporters must be cringing.

And you don't want a ticket!

Could make a case that you're trying too hard to show you don't care...

:lol:

(That is tongue in cheek, as I realise you can't win based on my logic, actually to extrapolate on that point, celtic can't win, one of those awkward situations where they are expected to win comfortably...)

I'm off on Monday. However I've had "Superbowl" Monday off for about the last 10 years so I can stay up and watch up without having to worry about coming in like a burst couch the next day!

I really wish this game wasn't happening on Sunday. In fact someone in my work just asked me if I was going to the game on Sunday and when I said I probably wouldn't even watch it on the telly they acted so horrified you'd think I'd pissed on their kids on Christmas day!

I mean I probably will watch it when Sunday comes around but it'll be from behind the couch and between my fingers. At the moment I'm more resentful that it's ruined what is always one of my favourite days out of the year.

Predictable I agree - would have been better laughing it off imo.

To be fair some of the comments I've read from the likes of Rae, Konterman and De Boer seem to be doing just that. Not really seen much of the reaction from the fans groups though.

To be fair some of the comments I've read from the likes of Rae, Konterman and De Boer seem to be doing just that. Not really seen much of the reaction from the fans groups though.

why would any of these guys be bothered as to whether its the same club or not? i dont really get it. I know you are saying they are not, but why even bother commenting?

why would any of these guys be bothered as to whether its the same club or not? i dont really get it. I know you are saying they are not, but why even bother commenting?

Perhaps they had been asked the question?

You would have to ask the individuals but generally speaking.... Why does any person care about their former employer? Maybe it's because an employer paid them handsomely during the peak earning of their careers? Some people may describe that as loyalty. Maybe it's because they still know people that are still employed at rangers? Maybe it's because they don't want their career achievements tarnished in some way? Maybe it's because they want to show a little support to thousands of people who paid their wages and sang their names from terraces years previously?

In the case of a football club, I would say that's a fairly unique industry that is likely to generate more loyalty from players (at least in the context of press interviews and after playing careers are finished) than most other industries.

Alex Rae's comment is a belter : " Rangers, over the years, have tried to conduct themselves in the right manner, with a bit of dignity."

There's none so blind as those that will not see.

Perhaps they had been asked the question?

That would be my assumption. I doubt they sought out journalists to go and tell them what they thought.

Genuinely cant be bothered with this debate anymore. I can guarantee you those who penned this article will be at Hampden this weekend. Not one view will be changed by that advert All I know is when or if we win the top league again this will be recorded as league title no 55 and nothing will change that.

Genuinely cant be bothered with this debate anymore. I can guarantee you those who penned this article will be at Hampden this weekend. Not one view will be changed by that advert All I know is when or if we win the top league again this will be recorded as league title no 55 and nothing will change that.

Wouldn't make space in the trophy room just yet! Could be waiting a while for no 55!