Advert In Today's Herald - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Advert In Today's Herald

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We can now say that 140 years of history have effectively come to an end" - Alex Rae June 13th 2012

Emotions were raw back then, people were saying all sorts of shit they didn't understand.

Plus, history can't "come to an end". It's history so by it's very definition it lasts for ever! :wink2:

Genuinely cant be bothered with this debate anymore. I can guarantee you those who penned this article will be at Hampden this weekend. Not one view will be changed by that advert All I know is when or if we win the top league again this will be recorded as league title no 55 and nothing will change that.

Agreed.

This debate is tiresome - I found it funny for a bit, but it's been done to death.

I love a wind up, but this advert isn't even a good one. Looks like it was written by a 12 year old.

I love a wind up, but this advert isn't even a good one. Looks like it was written by a 12 year old.

In that respect, if they'd put "ha ha ha" at the end of the advert, it could've been mistaken for one of your posts on here.

why would any of these guys be bothered as to whether its the same club or not? i dont really get it. I know you are saying they are not, but why even bother commenting?

If someone loaned me money every month, and never asked for any of it back, I'd say whatever they wanted to hear!

:P

Celtic will get to 55 before we do (and please, for the love of God no one say "that's because you've got 55 to go"!!),

Honest Question here.. do you not count the two league titles that have been won in the last two years? (so it would be 53 to go LOL, kiding.)

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/01/26/herald-times-group-defend-celtic-supporters-ad-and-reveal-police-scotland-asa

Herald & Times group defend ‘Celtic Supporters’ ad and reveal Police Scotland & ASA approved it
herald.jpg?itok=IatsSQnzHerald & Times group defend ‘Celtic Supporters’ ad and reveal Police

Herald & Times group has defended publication of an advert in the Sunday Herald from a group calling themselves ‘Celtic Supporters’, which claimed footballing rivals Rangers were now a new entity after being placed into liquidation in 2012.

The controversial ad is estimated to have cost around £1,600 to take out and was only accepted after the publisher received the all clear from both Police Scotland and the Advertising Standards Authority.

“As with all commercial customer advertising, Herald & Times group adhere to all legal requirements and guidelines with regard to the suitability & accuracy of the actual adverts we carry in our titles. With regard to the advert placed by a group representing themselves as ‘Celtic Supporters’, we reviewed the initial copy supplied and passed this to the Advertising Standards Authority and our own group lawyers and, as a result rejected the supplied copy on various legal grounds and requested substantial changes and substantive evidence before we would consider for approval for publication.

“On completion of this process, we then submitted final provided artwork and accompanying evidence and received clearance from the Advertising Standards Authority and our own group legal team to ensure compliance on all legal grounds. We then supplied this same copy and took advice from Police Scotland who confirmed they had no concerns as to its publication.’’

The ad comes just one week before the two sides face-off against each other at hampden for the Scottish Cup semi-final.

They can defend it all they want, it's still cringeworthy.

Most Celtic fans I've spoken to have said the same.

Since no-one answered my question, I've got to presume that none of these Celtic fans had the guts to put their own name to this 'advert' ?

Since no-one answered my question, I've got to presume that none of these Celtic fans had the guts to put their own name to this 'advert' ?

I've not seen the actual one that made the papers but I don't recall seeing any names linked to the version that I read.

The way it does not reveal who they are yet they are allowed to position it as a message from 'celtic supporters'. What all of them? Not very clear in this regard is it.

Someone is quite keen to stir up trouble.

The whole thing is devoid of any humour whatsoever as well. It is not even trying to be funny and failing. Reminds me of something from the mind of David Edgar in reverse.

It said it was crowfunded so presumably it must have been known about amongst celtic fans before this? (If no one in the celtic support had heard of it until now I'd smell a timposter false flag thingymyjig.)

I've not seen the actual one that made the papers but I don't recall seeing any names linked to the version that I read.

after hearing about death threats to current board etc, not surprised they wouldnt put their name on it.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2015/01/26/herald-times-group-defend-celtic-supporters-ad-and-reveal-police-scotland-asa

Herald & Times group defend Celtic Supporters ad and reveal Police Scotland & ASA approved it

spreddit7.gif3Share on email

herald.jpg?itok=IatsSQnzHerald & Times group defend Celtic Supporters ad and reveal Police

Herald & Times group has defended publication of an advert in the Sunday Herald from a group calling themselves Celtic Supporters, which claimed footballing rivals Rangers were now a new entity after being placed into liquidation in 2012.

The controversial ad is estimated to have cost around £1,600 to take out and was only accepted after the publisher received the all clear from both Police Scotland and the Advertising Standards Authority.

As with all commercial customer advertising, Herald & Times group adhere to all legal requirements and guidelines with regard to the suitability & accuracy of the actual adverts we carry in our titles. With regard to the advert placed by a group representing themselves as Celtic Supporters, we reviewed the initial copy supplied and passed this to the Advertising Standards Authority and our own group lawyers and, as a result rejected the supplied copy on various legal grounds and requested substantial changes and substantive evidence before we would consider for approval for publication.

On completion of this process, we then submitted final provided artwork and accompanying evidence and received clearance from the Advertising Standards Authority and our own group legal team to ensure compliance on all legal grounds. We then supplied this same copy and took advice from Police Scotland who confirmed they had no concerns as to its publication.

The ad comes just one week before the two sides face-off against each other at hampden for the Scottish Cup semi-final.

I'm sure the Police didn't approve the ad, they will merely have pointed out that it doesn't break any laws.

I see the ASA has already debunked that they approved it too. Sounds like the Herald are suddenly realising how stupid it's made them look too.

I think everyone involved in it need help tbh, to be that obsessed with something they say doesn't exist is pretty weird.

I'm sure the Police didn't approve the ad, they will merely have pointed out that it doesn't break any laws.

I see the ASA has already debunked that they approved it too. Sounds like the Herald are suddenly realising how stupid it's made them look too.

I think everyone involved in it need help tbh, to be that obsessed with something they say doesn't exist is pretty weird.

TBH I don't know why they would ask the Police anyway.