Scottish League Cup Predictions - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish League Cup Predictions

What are we thinking for the up and coming Semi finals? who are you thinking will get through to the final?

For me i can't see past Celtic and Aberdeen in the final then who knows who will win after that.

Pains me to say that Celtic will win on Sunday as i fear the worst. i'll be staying in with the tv, radio, and my mobile off all day.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impossible to call Utd v Aberdeen. What is more probable is that the result will come down to a sh1te refereeing decision (it's Steve McLean isn't it?). I actually think Rangers will run Celtic close. Said many times, but Celtic aren't that clever and Ronny Delia isn't clever at all. Think Celtic will pinch it though.

Aberdeen v Celtic.

Fancy Utd on Sat. That said, could be a different story if Aberdeen score first.

I can't see Sun being anything spectacular. We're not a great side, but we do still have plenty capable players if they show up. On the other hand, the bears offer nothing from back to front. Simonsen is awful, they have to defend so deep because of Big Lee, their midfield will be a man down at some point if Black plays & pumping it into the channels for 35 year old Millertime won't work as he has no legs. If we score a couple early on, it could be a pumping. I don't see it though - 3-1 or something & probably a couple of red cards.

Fancy Utd on Sat. That said, could be a different story if Aberdeen score first.

I can't see Sun being anything spectacular. We're not a great side, but we do still have plenty capable players if they show up. On the other hand, the bears offer nothing from back to front. Simonsen is awful, they have to defend so deep because of Big Lee, their midfield will be a man down at some point if Black plays & pumping it into the channels for 35 year old Millertime won't work as he has no legs. If we score a couple early on, it could be a pumping. I don't see it though - 3-1 or something & probably a couple of red cards.

You've more or less summed it up. We'll play Daly up front and McCulloch will lump high balls to him all afternoon. I don't think Black will play as Clipboard Kenny has dropped him for the last few games but Hutton doesn't offer anything at all. It's galling to think that McLeod would actually be getting a game through the middle if we hadn't dropped our knickers to Brentford.

Aberdeen's last 6 games vs Dundee Utd

Won - 4

Drawn -1

Lost - 1 (3 days after we played Sociedad)

Baffled as to why so many Aberdeen fans are playing down our chances. We'll win.

If Flood starts and Hayes plays at the back, we are in big trouble.

If Flood doesn't start, and Hayes can play in his best position, we have a good chance.

Which version of David Goodwillie we see on Saturday may also decide the outcome.

Edited by Cove_Sheep

You've more or less summed it up. We'll play Daly up front and McCulloch will lump high balls to him all afternoon. I don't think Black will play as Clipboard Kenny has dropped him for the last few games but Hutton doesn't offer anything at all. It's galling to think that McLeod would actually be getting a game through the middle if we hadn't dropped our knickers to Brentford

Black should have been dropped seasons ago for the boy Telfer to play and he could have been a player for us!!

You've more or less summed it up. We'll play Daly up front and McCulloch will lump high balls to him all afternoon. I don't think Black will play as Clipboard Kenny has dropped him for the last few games but Hutton doesn't offer anything at all. It's galling to think that McLeod would actually be getting a game through the middle if we hadn't dropped our knickers to Brentford.

Stuart McCall was on the radio the other night saying he thinks Black should start.

If Flood doesn't start, and Hayes can play in his best position, we have a good chance.

Which version of David Goodwillie we see on Saturday may also decide the outcome.

Daniels will start. I hope that he plays in the centre. Yes it's his first game in red but he has lot's of experience in the Championship and trains with an EPL team. He should be told to focus on winning everything in the air (he is a big lad), Reynolds to more of less sweep and Logan and Considine to tuck in early on for cover.

However, I have learned he plays RB too...... I can see him going there, Logan Left back and leaving Reynolds and Considine in the middle. I would be less comfortable with this, but would still take it ahead of Fridays nights starting 11.

Reckon the starting 11 will be the same to the unbeaten run, just with Daniels in instead of Taylor. Think it'll be a close game but we should be able to get through.

Rangers in the final would be ideal

Mon The Dons, Johhny Hayes and Peter Pawlett missed out big time last year at Parkred, unleash Hayes and we will win :ok:

Not bothered about the other game, Sevconian win would be funny though

Edited by North East Loon

Aberdeen's last 6 games vs Dundee Utd

Won - 4

Drawn -1

Lost - 1 (3 days after we played Sociedad)

Baffled as to why so many Aberdeen fans are playing down our chances. We'll win.

I'm not confident. If United hit their game they're quite capable of scudding anyone, Aberdeen included. If they let themselves get dragged into pumping the ball the ball over a congested midfield as they usually do against Aberdeen (and St Johnstone, and St Mirren) then Aberdeen will win.

Our defence is chronic and we won't keep a clean sheet, so we need to score at least two. Of course, we've scored three or more on ten occasions already and are the top scorers in the league, so really, who knows? I would make Aberdeen marginal favourites, but perhaps not as much as if the game were played back in December.