All "home Countries" And Rep In France 2016? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

All "home Countries" And Rep In France 2016?

Could this be the 1st major tournament ever that has all four of the home nations + RoI in the finals? That would be something else if we all converged on France in 2016.

Ourselves and the Republic could feasibly make it our of our group

Wales have just earned a creditable draw in Belgium so they stay top of their group.

England are as good as there already

Northern Ireland have made a decent start sitting comfortably in 2nd in their group.

Interesting times...

All 4 home nations qualified in 1958 and I'd love it if most were there in 2016 (incl RoI).

Could be a great football fest and the NI & Welsh have suffered longer than we have in terms of qualification.

My hope is to be able to have my 50th birthday trip in France 2016 (fingers crossed!).

Edited by fringo

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a home nation play off clash. Just hoping our bags are already packed from

automatic qualification.

The thought of yet another dispiriting trip to Cardiff has already crossed my mind...

That said, with Strachan in charge (OK, he was in charge for the Wales game at Hampden, but it was way too early for him to make his mark on the team), I'd fancy us to beat them over 2 legs.

NI home to Finland next, Wales away to Israel. Huge games for both, a genuine six-pointer for Wales.

I really wasn't sure about the new 24-team format initially, and while it does makes qualifying for the top seeds a dull process, it definitely ups the excitement level for games such as these.

NI home to Finland next, Wales away to Israel. Huge games for both, a genuine six-pointer for Wales.

4 of our next 5 games are at Windsor. If we can somehow get two wins and then beat the Faroese away we'll have 18 points which would probably be enough for qualification. I'll not hold my breath though.

4 of our next 5 games are at Windsor. If we can somehow get two wins and then beat the Faroese away we'll have 18 points which would probably be enough for qualification. I'll not hold my breath though.

Would be a fantastic achievement. Good luck.