Helen Donegan Section - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Helen Donegan Section

Doric

It wouldn't have been much more , march game midweek I think in a not very well known location with not the greatest of transport links

Don't know numbers but I thought it was rammed everywhere and we took up a huge amount of the stadium behind the goal, it was a poxy place to get to but I would certainly go back..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no - I told everyone that there would be free buses from the town council - some asked me to put on a bus as they didn't want the hassle of being with a mob trying to get on a bus. Bari only has a relatively small number of buses. As it was I showed people where the free buses in the car park were were waiting - some pleaded to pay and get on my bus but we had limited seats. When Scotland was in Bari no one could find the free buses on the way back - I have still to hear from someone who used that service. Before the Ireland game I asked the head of the bus company to tell me exactly where they would be situated.

We were on the council buses to and from the ground.jam packed but we got there eventually.

Likewise. Cooncil bus there and back.

No, no, no - I told everyone that there would be free buses from the town council - some asked me to put on a bus as they didn't want the hassle of being with a mob trying to get on a bus. Bari only has a relatively small number of buses. As it was I showed people where the free buses in the car park were were waiting - some pleaded to pay and get on my bus but we had limited seats. When Scotland was in Bari no one could find the free buses on the way back - I have still to hear from someone who used that service. Before the Ireland game I asked the head of the bus company to tell me exactly where they would be situated.

You really are economical with the actualité.

The boy in the wee shop at the harbour was making a fortune, 1 euro a bottle of beer handed oot the back window until the pubs said feck it and opened anyway.

aye he was sound the funniest thing was the locals were trying to sell us warm cans of Heniken for over inflated prices & we were telling them we were getting them for 1 euro, their faces were a picture

Don't come on here much now so probably missed something but this is a blast from the past! We went on Helen's trip to Lake Como in 2005. With a week booked in Milan (dump) we were glad of somewhere to go. It really was a fantastic trip where Helen recounted some interesting facts about the bitumen composition of the road surface as well as telling us all the reasons she didn't particularly like Lake Como in comparison to other nearby lakes. The bus was also due to visit the Monza GP circuit but I don't like F1 so fortunately it didn't stop for long enough for anyone to actually get off the bus and have a look. There were a couple of guys on the bus who were a bit peeved at this but that's their fault for having an interest in such a silly sport. The weather was shocking but can't blame Helen for that and the ice cream was lovely so all in all a great trip, thanks Helen :cheers3:

Don't come on here much now so probably missed something but this is a blast from the past! We went on Helen's trip to Lake Como in 2005. With a week booked in Milan (dump) we were glad of somewhere to go. It really was a fantastic trip where Helen recounted some interesting facts about the bitumen composition of the road surface as well as telling us all the reasons she didn't particularly like Lake Como in comparison to other nearby lakes. The bus was also due to visit the Monza GP circuit but I don't like F1 so fortunately it didn't stop for long enough for anyone to actually get off the bus and have a look. There were a couple of guys on the bus who were a bit peeved at this but that's their fault for having an interest in such a silly sport. The weather was shocking but can't blame Helen for that and the ice cream was lovely so all in all a great trip, thanks Helen :cheers3:

LOL - we couldn't get out at Monza - it was pissing down when we got there!! We just drove around the track. I can't believe you remember what I said on the bus near 10 years ago!! :yikes3: Most people were hungover and half dead - I didn't say much :-))

I have absolutely no complaints about Helen

We used her buses to get to Bari from Rome and back and a potential disaster turned out to be one of the best days out ever.

Got to the arranged bus departure point and had an absolutely cracking wee bus hostess

The script was that of the approximate 10 buses or so organised, 2 buses would be paired and stick together on the journey.

Was still a bit hungover from the night before so had not planned on boozing, plus the driver had made it known that the bus toilet would not be getting opened.

Anyway we made it south down the west coast past Montecassino and started the road east towards Bari but our bus was starting to have engine issues.

We eventually broke down miles from anywhere apart from a small truck stop and the other bus we were paired with joined us.

It was early afternoon and it was scorching

The wee truck stop had a bar and bottles of ice cold Peroni were 1 Euro

Everyone on both buses was able to freshen up, use the truck stop amenities, have some scran and get absolutely blootered in the 3-4 hours it took to get our bus repaired.

We were poured back on the buses with a cargo and the drivers had no option but to then make the bus toilets available to us

A great party ensued and further along about an hour from Bari we stopped at a big hypermarket to stock up on more booze for the rest of the journey and the beach party

We only got about an hour and a half of the beach party then our bus took us up to the ground

Met the bus in the car park after the game and were taken back to Rome and dropped off at the Airport 3 hours before our flight

Legendary trip

Ha - was on the other bus - that was a fine time at the truck stop - think it was drunk dry. Wasn't really up for drinking after getting mugged in Rome night before but the 'party' at the truck stop soon had me back to fighting fit!!!

Also have to say no complaints about the buses (except really struggled to find the one going to airport after game - they all looked the same to me but would say perhaps my own fault!!!)

LOL - we couldn't get out at Monza - it was pissing down when we got there!! We just drove around the track. I can't believe you remember what I said on the bus near 10 years ago!! :yikes3: Most people were hungover and half dead - I didn't say much :-))

Hardly forgettable when your opening line on a trip to lake como was, I don't really like lake como. Lol

Tbf, can really complain at the organisation of the bus etc. Had a good day and welcome time away from the disappointment of Milan.

Edited by McToot

Bitumen is very interesting stuff though.

• 3 weeks later...

I have absolutely no complaints about Helen

We used her buses to get to Bari from Rome and back and a potential disaster turned out to be one of the best days out ever.

Got to the arranged bus departure point and had an absolutely cracking wee bus hostess

The script was that of the approximate 10 buses or so organised, 2 buses would be paired and stick together on the journey.

Was still a bit hungover from the night before so had not planned on boozing, plus the driver had made it known that the bus toilet would not be getting opened.

Anyway we made it south down the west coast past Montecassino and started the road east towards Bari but our bus was starting to have engine issues.

We eventually broke down miles from anywhere apart from a small truck stop and the other bus we were paired with joined us.

It was early afternoon and it was scorching

The wee truck stop had a bar and bottles of ice cold Peroni were 1 Euro

Everyone on both buses was able to freshen up, use the truck stop amenities, have some scran and get absolutely blootered in the 3-4 hours it took to get our bus repaired.

We were poured back on the buses with a cargo and the drivers had no option but to then make the bus toilets available to us

A great party ensued and further along about an hour from Bari we stopped at a big hypermarket to stock up on more booze for the rest of the journey and the beach party

We only got about an hour and a half of the beach party then our bus took us up to the ground

Met the bus in the car park after the game and were taken back to Rome and dropped off at the Airport 3 hours before our flight

Legendary trip

Boys from Annan were great craic

Loved that trip