Barry Bannan To Be Borrowed By Bolton - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Barry Bannan To Be Borrowed By Bolton

kmcca5

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Bannan's played his best games for Scotland when he's been playing regular club football. He's not one of these players that can go without regular first team action and still play as normal at international level.

I think there's also a wee bit of a confidence issue with Bannan, Neil Lennon's an ideal manager to build that up again I'm sure.

Bannan's a good player, he's just needs a chance.

Wonder if Lennon will try and take Mulgrew or Forrest to Bolton in January ?

Loan move to Bolton did Huttons career no harm.

Also heard lennon enquired about Bannan when he was at celtic.

Isnt bannan from coatbridge i am sure he was quoted as being a big TIC fan so playing for lennon may appeal to him ?

Edited by Robroysboy

I disagree, he's definitely good enough for the EPL. However, his big problem is his lack of goals.

He's probably a better footballer than Puncheon, who's keeping him out the team, but Puncheon has more of a goal threat.

He's a similar player to Shaun Maloney, who's keeping him out of the Scotland team, but Shaun Maloney has more of a goal threat.

Am I saying that? I am saying he outshone the rest in the first half against world class players yet you would have us believe he is Championship-

level player. Sorry that does not add up.

He might have had a good 45 minutes, but almost any player can have a good 45 minutes.

I'm saying he's a Championship-level player because that's where he's going to be playing.

He might have had a good 45 minutes, but almost any player can have a good 45 minutes.

I'm saying he's a Championship-level player because that's where he's going to be playing.

Sorry that is tosh. And in any case it is just not 45 minutes we are talking about here (and what a 45 minutes against the world champions). He has been a regular in the Scotland side in recent times when we have improved immeasurably and our results have improved so evidently he hasn't let us down either. Also just remember this forray to Bolton will be his first spell outside the EPL where, until now, his career has been in the EPL with Aston Villa and Palace.

Edited by Caledonian Craig