Blatter To Resign - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before people dance with delight we first need the replacement to be one who is not of Blatter's choosing or one of his backers. For me the runner-up in the recent election should get it.

Yes because giving the presidency to a member of the Jordanian royal family is definitely the best thing to get rid of corruption, bribery and nepotism.....

Yes because giving the presidency to a member of the Jordanian royal family is definitely the best thing to get rid of corruption, bribery and nepotism.....

Well give him his dues as he was vociferously against Blatter and the other delegates from UEFA who were going to stand (all anti-Blatter) pulled out and supported him so they saw something good in him.

Well give him his dues as he was vociferously against Blatter and the other delegates from UEFA who were going to stand (all anti-Blatter) pulled out and supported him so they saw something good in him.

Or they saw someone who would further the interests of UEFA with a bigger chance to pick up more votes from non UEFA delegates than a delegate directly from UEFA. I could be wrong and he may be a bastion of transparency, fairness and an endeavour to further football around the world but I remain skeptical.

Or they saw someone who would further the interests of UEFA with a bigger chance to pick up more votes from non UEFA delegates than a delegate directly from UEFA. I could be wrong and he may be a bastion of transparency, fairness and an endeavour to further football around the world but I remain skeptical.

Sorry but you are living in dreamland if you believe that any president is going to be a bastion of all that is morally good and will make every decision that is only good for football. They are all going to be feathering their own nests so all we can hope for is for someone who is less corrupt and crooked than Blatter which shouldn't be hard.

Sorry but you are living in dreamland if you believe that any president is going to be a bastion of all that is morally good and will make every decision that is only good for football. They are all going to be feathering their own nests so all we can hope for is for someone who is less corrupt and crooked than Blatter which shouldn't be hard.

I never said I expect all that, I merely stated that I'm skeptical that Prince Ali would be significantly better than Blatter. If FIFA are just going to go down the route of getting a slightly less corrupt President then what's the point?

He'll have cut a deal throwing some semi-prominent minions to the wolves and won't ever see the inside of a cell. He may even spitefully name the FA's and individuals who've handed over brown envelopes. Could be an interesting few days.

Bet a few individuals past and present in the FA are caking themselves over their relationship and involvement with Jack Warner. I would piss myself if fifa's loudest critics and the cry babies of world football become embroiled!

I never said I expect all that, I merely stated that I'm skeptical that Prince Ali would be significantly better than Blatter. If FIFA are just going to go down the route of getting a slightly less corrupt President then what's the point?

Sorry but I don't see FIFA undergoing some magical transformation on the back of Blatter exiting. The rottenness runs through to the core in my opinion. Remember that corrupt countries that put in corrupt bids vote for the next president and not your everyday Joe Bloggs in the street.

Bet a few individuals past and present in the FA are caking themselves over their relationship and involvement with Jack Warner. I would piss myself if fifa's loudest critics and the cry babies of world football become embroiled!

Aye, that's exactly what I was thinking. If Blatter chooses to go down fighting there could be a few squeaky erses at the English FA.

Sorry but I don't see FIFA undergoing some magical transformation on the back of Blatter exiting. The rottenness runs through to the core in my opinion. Remember that corrupt countries that put in corrupt bids vote for the next president and not your everyday Joe Bloggs in the street.

For FIFA President, it is one vote per FA. Most of the countries who voted Blatter were the smaller countries with poor football. Blatter did enable money from FIFA to reach these countries. Some of this may have been through corruption but many would have been through more benign means. This isn't a compliment to Blatter, merely that many of the FAs will vote for someone who helps their association and league out. In terms of numbers, the smaller FAs vastly outnumber UEFA and other developed leagues. Whoever is looking to win will have to court these votes.

Again I'll reiterate, if we as football fans are simply looking for a slightly less corrupt President then why are we glad Blatter is gone?

For FIFA President, it is one vote per FA. Most of the countries who voted Blatter were the smaller countries with poor football. Blatter did enable money from FIFA to reach these countries. Some of this may have been through corruption but many would have been through more benign means. This isn't a compliment to Blatter, merely that many of the FAs will vote for someone who helps their association and league out. In terms of numbers, the smaller FAs vastly outnumber UEFA and other developed leagues. Whoever is looking to win will have to court these votes.

Again I'll reiterate, if we as football fans are simply looking for a slightly less corrupt President then why are we glad Blatter is gone?

Bleedin' hell Al Capone would have been slightly less corrupt than Blatter and certainly would Prince Ali as well.