La Marseillaise....... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

La Marseillaise.......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, mate, he means Nigeria....http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/11/18/nigeria-former-official-arrest/75978406/

Not to worry - they're all the same...

To be fair, he did say yesterday whereas those attacks were two days ago.

Edit: Still, I apologize for a particularly tosser-like post.

Edited by DonnyTJS

To be fair, he did say yesterday whereas those attacks were two days ago.

Edit: Still, I apologize for a particularly tosser-like post.

I wouldn't have bothered picking you up on it if it wasn't for the added on sentence, that was out of order.

I see you have acknowledged that in your edit, fair play :ok:

More "look at us" from the FA

For a start, it's the Premier League not the FA. I think the whole thing is bollocks but they can't win in this situation. If they do nothing they're are plenty of mopes who'll complain about them not showing the "proper" level of respect. The same sort that thought Jeremy Corbyn didn't bow enough.

I was at the Bridge today and the overriding sense around me was it was pretty embarrassing. No idea where the big tricolour came from though.

Edited by aaid

Minutes silence at the Bath v Leinster rugby game today. Quiet and respectful. Singing their anthem seems a bit OTT "look at me grieve" type behaviour.

It sets a precedence where we will be singing other countries anthems every other week.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

It would be quite touching if it was done off the cuff by fans but this prearranged grieving is OTT and as others have said sets a precedent. Just reinforces that some tragedies are more important than others. Fills the void in the mainstream rather than talking about the important stuff.

No.

All 'tragedies' are awful.

But...humans have never lived in a globalised society. Throughout time we've lived in family, village, clan,, tribal societies.

The issue of 'globalism' is incredibly recent, and people are adjusting to it. Until 10 or 15 years ago we wouldn't have given a shit what happened in Paris...now we stand together with the French.

It's a huge step forward. Don't blame people for not (yet) feeling empathy with Lebanon or Pakistan. Give time, it'll come.

No.

All 'tragedies' are awful.

But...humans have never lived in a globalised society. Throughout time we've lived in family, village, clan,, tribal societies.

The issue of 'globalism' is incredibly recent, and people are adjusting to it. Until 10 or 15 years ago we wouldn't have given a shit what happened in Paris...now we stand together with the French.

It's a huge step forward. Don't blame people for not (yet) feeling empathy with Lebanon or Pakistan. Give time, it'll come.

Aren't you agreeing with me?