Dundee Vs Celtic In America? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Vs Celtic In America?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always funny when your average Celtic muppet thinks his/her club are this great World show that have a gazillion fans in every corner of the globe.

To be fair to Celtic, it seems it's Dundee that are behind this idea.

This will happen within the next few years, may not be Dundee v Celtic, but a Scottish / English fixture will be played abroad. Look at the nfl - they have 8 home games a season and give to give up one to promote the game overseas (The European market), it makes sense for Football teams to do the same.

American / Asian audience / tv will demand this in a few years, and I can see English Premiership clubs doing this - may not be a big game to start with - Norwich v stoke for example, as they may not have the level of backlash from fans - as Man U, liverpool etc would face.

I think its a great Idea, why No....

There will be a bigger crowd there than there would be at Dens..

novelty, on the news etc et c

Hearts and Celtic were meant to play in OZ a few years back but it didnt come to much ..

would have been a great Idea..

Try it and if it is shite , dont do it a again, but FFS at least try it...

Seriously ? Fae you ? Cool, here we go....... :ok:

At least their horse won't be pulling a plough like yours does, etc ...... :wave:

Long time ago we evolved onto Massey Fergusons and John Deeres. We only use our horses now for posh showjumping events. Unlike our neighbours down the Carse, who still strap wee two wheel buggies to the back's of their gee gees.

Long time ago we evolved onto Massey Fergusons and John Deeres. We only use our horses now for posh showjumping events. Unlike our neighbours down the Carse, who still strap wee two wheel buggies to the back's of their gee gees.

Did someone mention tractors? I note, with the exception of Fendt, you've named two of the more expensive and up market tractor brands. You must know wealthy fermers...

I think its a great Idea, why No....

There will be a bigger crowd there than there would be at Dens..

novelty, on the news etc et c

Hearts and Celtic were meant to play in OZ a few years back but it didnt come to much ..

would have been a great Idea..

Try it and if it is shite , dont do it a again, but FFS at least try it...

Are you for real?

If it was a pre-season friendly or the like, fair enough. But as actual SPL game? Never.

If the Dons even though about trying it i'd go off my nut.