Ticket Sales - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

Just Had this email.

FINAL EURO 2016 HOME QUALIFIERS - TICKET UPDATE

25,000 SSC members have already snapped up their tickets for September’s clash with World Champions Germany. Thanks to everyone who has bought so far.

Tickets for this game, and October’s European Qualifier against Poland, are exclusively available to SSC members until Noon on Tuesday 7 July.

Click here to buy yours now.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Had this email.

FINAL EURO 2016 HOME QUALIFIERS - TICKET UPDATE

25,000 SSC members have already snapped up their tickets for Septembers clash with World Champions Germany. Thanks to everyone who has bought so far.

Tickets for this game, and Octobers European Qualifier against Poland, are exclusively available to SSC members until Noon on Tuesday 7 July.

Click here to buy yours now.

Do you think the 25,000 includes season ticket holders?

Yes, as there are only 35,000 members

Didn't they only sell about 6000-7000 season tickets though? That would mean 31,000 or so had been sold including season tickets and only 4000 members were still to buy.

I think you're right though. 18,000-19,000 members who don't have season tickets have now bought their ticket. Not bad going considering a lot of people only got paid on Friday.

Edited by Kiltedsteamer147

Didn't they only sell about 6000-7000 season tickets though? That would mean 31,000 or so had been sold including season tickets and only 4000 members were still to buy.

I think you're right though. 18,000-19,000 members who don't have season tickets have now bought their ticket. Not bad going considering a lot of people only got paid on Friday.

There are 10,000 season ticket holders in total

There are 10,000 season ticket holders in total

Really? Where did you get that information?

The last I heard they were struggling to get anywhere near that. Mind you, that was about a year ago.

Does the 10,000 include people who bought the 4 match package or is that 10,000 actual season ticket holders?

Really? Where did you get that information?

The last I heard they were struggling to get anywhere near that. Mind you, that was about a year ago.

Does the 10,000 include people who bought the 4 match package or is that 10,000 actual season ticket holders?

I think folk that bought the 4 match package get the option on extra tickets as well and at a guess that 10k would include them.

I think folk that bought the 4 match package get the option on extra tickets as well and at a guess that 10k would include them.

Doesn't look like there will be much of a public sale then although I'm a season ticket holder and I don't think I'm going to buy any additional tickets. Depends on how many other people do the same I suppose.

As long as Hampden is 90% full of Scots all will be good... Unless you include the small matter of 90 minutes of football that is.

Very true. It's a huge match for both teams. I have a feeling that whoever wins it will qualify automatically (assuming it's not a draw and the other games go as expected).

Even if there is a public sale, the ticket numbers will be low so even if a few Polish guys buy home end tickets it shouldn't make a difference to the atmosphere.

Ticket sales seem to have dried up. Think there will be a public sale now. I will be surprised if there will be much more shifted before season ticket holders get their chance.

Source?

Why on earth would you pay £50 for a membership and not buy a ticket for the two biggest games we've had for years?

I can understand a few hundred people not being able to make it due to family/work commitments etc. so I'll be astounded if at least 34,000 members don't take their tickets.

Whether there's a public sale or not will depend on how many season ticket holders buy their additional tickets.

Unless the SFA have already ring fenced a few thousand tickets for a public sale?

Source?

Why on earth would you pay £50 for a membership and not buy a ticket for the two biggest games we've had for years?

I can understand a few hundred people not being able to make it due to family/work commitments etc. so I'll be astounded if at least 34,000 members don't take their tickets.

Whether there's a public sale or not will depend on how many season ticket holders buy their additional tickets.

Unless the SFA have already ring fenced a few thousand tickets for a public sale?

Agree.

The country is on the verge of qualification for the fist time since 2007, against Italy,

Also we are playing the world champs and also one of our main competitors ( poland).

Tickets for germany game will be gold dust and hopefully poland will be even more fever pitch.

The price of success, tickets get harder to source.

Would take that option every time as we are used to be out on our arse by now.

:!:

Can Season Ticketers buy extra tickets just now? Website wouldn't let me

With all the posts on here, the official SSC email about the sale period for season tickets and the number of "jokers" on here, I'm not sure if this is a serious question. However, giving you the benefit of the doubt (no offence intended), the said sale period opens at 12 noon on Friday 10th July until 12 noon Monday 13th July.

Source?

You would think so but some folk arent that bothered about home games and prefer just the away games. Dozens on here going to Faro early so will miss the Poland game. I think there will be a public sale. Not that many folk I know who have a season ticket are buying extra.

You would think so but some folk arent that bothered about home games and prefer just the away games. Dozens on here going to Faro early so will miss the Poland game. I think there will be a public sale. Not that many folk I know who have a season ticket are buying extra.

That is true. You do get a lot members who live outside Scotland but I still think the vast majority will be going to at least the Germany game. 34,000 might be a bit optimistic though.

One of my mates is going to miss the Poland game but only because he's a doughball and didn't think about when it was before booking his flights to Portugal.

One of my mates is going to miss the Poland game but only because he's a doughball and didn't think about when it was before booking his flights to Portugal.

I also know of a few "doughballs" but they have plenty people offering to take up their poland ticket.

I also know of a few "doughballs" but they have plenty people offering to take up their poland ticket.

I bet they do. Both matches will be a sell out regardless of who buys the tickets.

If we beat Georgia and get anything from the Germany game we could fill Hampden three times over for the Poland game.