Nfl 2014/15 - Page 6 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TartanTeddy

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a mental end to the game.

Which brings me to the question of why is the lateral pass not used more often?

Snap the ball, make some room, then pass away like rugby.

J

They used it just about every second week on Friday Night Lights....

J

It happens a hell of a lot more in the movies than it does in real life. It worked in The Longest Yard and Varsity Blues too I think! Cal v Stanford and the Music City Miracle are two exceptions I can think of, but generally possession is so important that no team would ever employ it as a tactic, barring as a last resort.

J

It's used less because if you drop it the ball is live and can be recovered by the other team.

Just got season tickets for next years International Series for me and the lad.

Can't wait. They will be my first American Football games.

Just need to figure logistics of getting from Chippenham to Wembley and back on a school night.

J

Put a Sunday accumulator on last night - taking San Francisco on the spread giving 3 of a start to the chargers as my first bet

Watched the first half and went to my bed with San Francisco 21 points up and steamrollering San Diego who had players dropping like flies

Imagine waking up to find out San Diego had won 38-35 after overtime

FFS

Edited by Ally Bongo

Are you looking forward to cheering for a Patriots win today Ally??

:-)) Definitely not - that strategy was blown last week in typical Jets style !

All depends how much yoos want it i guess - Edelman is a big miss

I have taken the Jets on the spread getting 10.5 of a start but my predictions are way off recently as youll see from my post above

FFS

My treble was

Jets +10.5

Steelers -3.5

and the fooking Dolphins -4.5

Was hoping for a tie & OT to try and save it but a last seconds safety blows it

Just got season tickets for next years International Series for me and the lad.

Can't wait. They will be my first American Football games.

Just need to figure logistics of getting from Chippenham to Wembley and back on a school night.

J

Season tickets seemed a really good deal - was checking today and you can get all three games for just over a ton. Cost more than that for one game at Soldier Field last week!! Might be tempted, just have to work out who to cheer for in each game, and also hope the boss lets me schedule a few London meetings those weeks.

TT

So from the experts on here, and Ally Bongo :D , what are everyone thoughts for the playoffs??

I can't see past the Patriots going all the way to the Superbowl in the AFC, Bronco's look a bit fragile and the Pats will have the bye and home field throughout. NFC looks far tougher to call, but Seattle seem to have hit form just at the right time and beyond the Packers at Lambeau, I'm struggling to see who can stop them.

Guess this Sunday will give a clearer picture, but I'll stick with Patriots v Seattle Superbowl and the Pats to edge it in a close low scoring final.

TT

Season tickets seemed a really good deal - was checking today and you can get all three games for just over a ton. Cost more than that for one game at Soldier Field last week!! Might be tempted, just have to work out who to cheer for in each game, and also hope the boss lets me schedule a few London meetings those weeks.

TT

£160 for me and the boy.

£52.50 for a kids season ticket is a steal. Three interest free instalments. First in January, then I think it's May and August. Roughly £50 each instalment.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Hopefully he takes a year away from coaching and does some TV work. He could be perfect in a Gruden/Collingsworth type role.

Will probably go to the Pats as a Defensive coach !