European Rugby 2014/15 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European Rugby 2014/15

Duncan Blackheart

Any thoughts on glasgow/ edinbokke's chances in their respective trophies?

Glasgow will do well to get out group but I think they could do it if they get off to a flier on Saturday. Bath's 10 - 13 looking good tho.

Am expecting not much from edinburgh tonight at all. Weak team more interested in league. Cornell du Passitmanferfuxake being out is a huge blow for the season, and Strauss being out v bath is also big, particularly when looking at the physicality of bath's pack (3 first choice locks, admittedly not by choice).

Still, it's a funny old game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bordeaux have a lot of changes from their league team, but will probably be substantially too strong for Edinburgh. The other two teams in Edinburgh's group are beatable though. But you're right, it's a distraction from the league as we need to get a spot in the Champions Cup for next year.

Edinburgh are in a tough group, but shouldn't be scared of anyone. Bath at home first up gives them the chance to get off to a flyer. Any type of win there and they're in the box seat.

Shows how much I know!

Edinburgh 15 Bordeaux 13. FrantIc last ten it seems - Edinburgh penalty try, two yellow cards for Bordeaux, French missed a drop goal in the last minute.

Great win for Edinburgh, here's hoping they can build on it.

Great result for Glasgow. They've given Bath an absolute dicking today

Bad day at the office for us today. Glasgow absolutely smashed it at the breakdown.

It's a bit puzzling for Bath at the moment. Was at the Leciester game and we won 43-0! Won a physical encounter with Scaracens a week later. Now in a bit of a slump.

J

Glasgow were fantastic...a joy to watch.

They must have a great chance in this group...Toulouse are a shadow of the team they used to be, Bath are a mid-level English team, and Montpellier won't fancy a trip to Scotstoun in mid-winter.

If they have the mental strength, they'll get through this group.

Bristolhibby - how difficult would it be to get 4 tickets for the return fixture in bath? My mate lives near there and I may decide to see him and go with a couple of others. Just a nascent plan at the mo.

Also, when I first typed your name in my phone, it came out as bristol jobby! Thought I'd share!

Bristolhibby - how difficult would it be to get 4 tickets for the return fixture in bath? My mate lives near there and I may decide to see him and go with a couple of others. Just a nascent plan at the mo.

Also, when I first typed your name in my phone, it came out as bristol jobby! Thought I'd share!

Should be no problem, I'll find out when the public sale starts. There are usually a few thousand kicking about. We got our Leicester tickets in the public sale about 10 of us went. Took my lad, dad and father in law to the LDN Welsh game as tickets were £10 per person!

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

• 1 month later...

DB.

Tickets for the Bath v Glasgow game are now on sale.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/bathrugby/default.aspx

Tickets range from £20 to £40.

Looking to go there myself. See you there.

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...