Hampden To Prestwick Airport - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hampden To Prestwick Airport

Robroysboy

Poland game on Thursday night with my travel bag and passport.

Then its straight to Prestwick for the 7am Friday morning flight to Faro.

Anyone else planning this journey, I will be getting train from Glasgow central and most probably get a b and b near the airport.

I'll probably be using the Premier Inn at Monkton.

Holding off booking anything at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Prestwick town to the Airport is actually not all that much of a walk.

If you are in one of the B&B's/Hotels on the edge of the town on the airport side, maximum 5 minutes walk.

The Premier Inn is on the opposite side of the airport from the town.... so effectively you will be getting a train to the airport/Prestwick, then a taxi round to the airport, only to get a taxi the next morning to take you to the airport....

Probably much better staying in Prestwick itself (also a really good night out for a beer!)

Prestwick town to the Airport is actually not all that much of a walk.

If you are in one of the B&B's/Hotels on the edge of the town on the airport side, maximum 5 minutes walk.

The Premier Inn is on the opposite side of the airport from the town.... so effectively you will be getting a train to the airport/Prestwick, then a taxi round to the airport, only to get a taxi the next morning to take you to the airport....

Probably much better staying in Prestwick itself (also a really good night out for a beer!)

Cheers clarke

Do you mean there is still a chance of it being from Prestwick?

I hope so as I was planning on staying at my mums in Ayr!

Not the worst thing I suppose getting a lift Glasgow that is. I will have to get up at the crack of dawn either way!