Kilts - Glasgow - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilts - Glasgow

dezmondo

I know there has been countless discussions on here before re this subject but I've never paid attention. What is the general consensus towards kilts from pubs after the football on match days? I don't normally bother with my kilt for home matches but quite fancy giving it an outing for the next couple of home matches, but may give it a miss if too much hassle.

Depends on the pub, but most are okay. Your typical boozer on the way back to the city centre won't be a problem, neither will the places that are typical pre match meeting points; Counting House, Crystal Palace, Iron Horse etc

But, if its city centre, semi-trendy looking and already busy and full of their regular customers, don't be suprised if the guy on the door finds a reason not to let you in. They often say no to football colours though. O'Neills are particularly bad for that.

Most of the issue isn't the kilts themselves. Think it's more that it's a clear indication you've been on the piss all day.

As others have said, the "trendy/wanky" (delete as appropriate) places will maybe knock you back but other places shouldn't be a problem: Campus, O'Niells (Charing Cross) both let you in no problem with a kilt.