Parking Ireland & England Games - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking Ireland & England Games

MegabusTA

I'm taking my car through to both Ireland & England games . Coming from East coast , so not too sure of geography of celtic park and surrounding areas. Where would be best place to park car ?

FOC if poss , iv heard Tollcross Rd , Gollowgate near Blackbull pub is an option .

Any help appreciated .

I've parked at the Celtic Social Club just up the London Road from the ground in the past. Think it was about £3. Parking on the street is a wee earner for the kids wanting to watch your car. It's a Glasgow thing. Give them a couple of quid when you return...

I've parked at the Celtic Social Club just up the London Road from the ground in the past. Think it was about £3. Parking on the street is a wee earner for the kids wanting to watch your car. It's a Glasgow thing. Give them a couple of quid when you return...

Cheers for that mate !

I have no idea where I am going will be following map directions on my phone to get to ground then will be driving about mad trying to find somewhere to park. Somewhere safe as my car draws a bit of attention so not wanting to park it near any unionist establishments!

If I am lucky I will be arriving 15 mins before kick off but that isn't taking into account football traffic so there is a good chance I will be a bit late and miss the start of the game.

Can you park in the Forge Shopping Centre car park and walk across? Not sure what side of the ground I would even be coming into coming from North.

I have no idea where I am going will be following map directions on my phone to get to ground then will be driving about mad trying to find somewhere to park. Somewhere safe as my car draws a bit of attention so not wanting to park it near any unionist establishments!

If I am lucky I will be arriving 15 mins before kick off but that isn't taking into account football traffic so there is a good chance I will be a bit late and miss the start of the game.

Can you park in the Forge Shopping Centre car park and walk across? Not sure what side of the ground I would even be coming into coming from North.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Iain, but although Ibrox is in the west of the city and Parkhead in the east, the supporters (in the main) are the opposite. There's a hell of a lot of the unionist brigade reside near Parkhead.

Anyone know what side of the ground I will arrive at coming from north? And where would be good to park given that I'll arrive not long before kick off

If you use the M73/M74 you`ll end up coming in London Road from the East side. You could also take the M80 and take the last cut off before you join the M8 (next to the big blue gas tanks) and that`ll bring you down to the Duke Street/Forge side of the ground. Not sure where the best place is to park though.

We parked in the forge for league cup final. Nobody about.

and if like aitkenhead rd asda, parking tickets are unenforceable and will go away.

• 2 weeks later...