October 2005 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October 2005

bonny78

A home game, nice and easy against Beralus who must be tom kyte right? Drew 0-0 away to them but it was a tough away game.. will be a different story at home right?

Game started badly… whiffered off a bit during the middle and the less said about the end the better. In only about 5 mins the Beralushions had the ball in our net and Watty dinney have a clue as to what tae do. You could tell that by the idiotic formation he’d put out that day .. leaving out the likes of Quashie and actually PLAYING Ian Murray (he was a hun now so automatic choice duhh) Pub I was in whet AWWW FKK SAKE MAN!.. when the ball hit the net. I can remember the closest we came to equalising was a free kick from I think Shaun Maloney that was well said by their keeper. Bloody frustrating game that we could have won if we’d applied ourselves. A normally quiet mate of mine screamed “it’s a fkin disgrace” in an Edinburgh accent. Full time and one of the worst games of Scotland ever save perhaps the 2-2 away to Faroes.

I can smell it in my knickers that we will draw these basa’s again in the near future – probably in July’s draw coming up. Let’s hope they give England a hard time too since we will all be in the same group as it’s 100% confirmed that we will draw England on 25th of July. (even stronger smell in my knickers for that one)

2005 was a bad year to be a Scottish fan.

Good old Kenny "second touch is a tackle" Miller had one of his horror shows that day too if I rememeber.

He had some solid games and some tremendous games "England Away, Norway Away same qualifying campaign" but the Belarus home game was not one of them.

TBH I blame Walter Smith for that day, as he got the tactics totally wrong (which he did in Minsk as well few months earlier) and never set out to win that game (IIRC he only made 1 sub the whole game, which was bringing on Maloney just after half time) in a game the midfield just could not string more than a couple of passes together (and it was not like Belarus were in control of the game, as I think it was a case of 1 shot on target, one goal!).

Recall walking away from Hampden in such a bad mood that I said I was not going to Slovenia the next day...... was only after I calmed down a couple of hours later that I remembered I was the one driving my group down to Newcastle :-))

Glad I did calm down as Slovenia is still one of my top 3 away trips :ok: