Transfer Rumours - Page 75 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Id be surprised if he left Accies for Rangers particularly for that amount of money

Accies advise their players well and dont stand in their way so he will only go if he wants to

Definite backward step however - dropping down a division and giving up the chance of going to England in January or the Summer for bigger bucks not to mention better league

He also signed a long term contract till 2018 last year

The contract to 2018 would most likely be completely covered by 150k as Accies aren't big payers but if the boy doesn't want to come then that's fine.

I'd much rather we tried for young guys like him that show potential than sign the has beens that have been our staple the last few years.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you'd seen it all?

Good old BBC are now using a "Football Manager computer game expert" as part of their deadline day coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/33590187

Sky Sports news are actually using Football Manager stats to rate real life players...

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/636855456800075776

The contract to 2018 would most likely be completely covered by 150k as Accies aren't big payers but if the boy doesn't want to come then that's fine.

I'd much rather we tried for young guys like him that show potential than sign the has beens that have been our staple the last few years.

I would think Crawford is getting more than £37500 a year !

£150,000 offer is embarrassing

Rangers would need to offer £1 million before Accies would be interested because that's what they'll get in January/Summer from England

Rangers would need to offer £1 million before Accies would be interested because that's what they'll get in January/Summer from England

I wouldn't be surprised if Crawford isn't on much more than 37k a year. He might be on a grand a week? I think he was the Accies player who couldn't go to the Norwich play-offs to support Neil 'cos he couldn't afford it!

Crawford is a very decent player and I reckon he could do well in the English Championship - to think there are player in the Premiership getting x10 a week what he gets a year is just offensive.

Edited by SMcoolJ

It's only 3 years wages, not 4. The contract will be to June 18.

So I'm pretty sure he's not on 50k a year.

He's only worth what folk are willing to offer and so far that's been nothing bar the Rangers bid. They may well want and get 1m but not so far.

Is he not 24? Still at hamilton at that age means he's o not going to be a english premiership player.

I didn't realise he was 24. If he doesn't sign now then we probably won't be back as 24 seems to be the oldest we are going when buying just now.

Rumours of us trying to get Kevin McDonald from Wolves although he seems a bit old/expensive compared to our recent signing policy.

Still 'only' 26 but I take your point. He's a central midfielder (I think) so it would add to an already congested area of the squad, especially if, as expected, Eustace gets a contract if he ever gets fit. I see Andy Murdoch is away to Cowdenbeath on loan so that frees up one of the spaces I suppose.

I never understood why Celtic signed him. He made it clear that he wasn't interested and only when there was no other options did he sign.

Funnily enough he's been disinterested and a flop.

Makes you wonder why Celtic went through with the deal in the end.

Good bit if business to ship him out too.

Deila admitted he hadn't seen him play, he went on the recommendation of the chief scout.

Still 'only' 26 but I take your point. He's a central midfielder (I think) so it would add to an already congested area of the squad, especially if, as expected, Eustace gets a contract if he ever gets fit. I see Andy Murdoch is away to Cowdenbeath on loan so that frees up one of the spaces I suppose.

I actually thought he was 27/28 so maybe not quite as out of the bracket as I thought at first. Midfield does seem pretty top heavy though (in comparison with other areas) so might all be bollocks. Unless someone wants to take Nicky Law off our hands!

I actually thought he was 27/28 so maybe not quite as out of the bracket as I thought at first. Midfield does seem pretty top heavy though (in comparison with other areas) so might all be bollocks. Unless someone wants to take Nicky Law off our hands!

Robbie Crawford away to Alloa on loan which frees up another midfield place. Hopefully he'll get tore into the KFC in the corner of the ground to bulk up a bit!