Pre Season Friendlies - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

Just noticed the QPR are Playing Dundee United at Barnet's "Hive" stadium on July 22nd. This should be one I can make if they keep the ticket price low.

Any interesting preseason activities from clubs been announced yet?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aberdeen are playing Brighton in Jamie Langfields testimonial, along with Brechin and Raith Rovers away, plus talk of another match currently down as TBC (Wigan are up in Scotland for a training camp, as sure I caught something about them playing Dundee)

Edited by wanderer

I've heard it through the grapevine that Hibs will be playing a home and away tie against West Ham/Fulham or Tottenham(marathon bet sponsored teams) in a marathon bet cup type thing

We never get decent preseason friendlies down in England any more so that would be tasty.

Loser to be awarded "The Biggest Farce of a Club" trophy?

That's a bit harsh. What about Bolton and their £1 trillion debt or Dundee and Livi with their serial Administrations?

Nah, you're probably right. ?

I know the European draw is on the 22nd June but does anyone know how far in advance they are put into the pots of 5 or 6?

Would be interesting to see the possible teams we could draw.

Was the morning of the draw last year.

I know the European draw is on the 22nd June but does anyone know how far in advance they are put into the pots of 5 or 6?

Would be interesting to see the possible teams we could draw.

This website is great for that stuff.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2015.html

StJohnstone will probably be seeded, but are on the borderline at the moment.

This website is great for that stuff.

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2015.html

StJohnstone will probably be seeded, but are on the borderline at the moment.

Bloody hell, you think Scottish football has slumped and then you see Ferencvaros unseeded while teams from the Faroes and Liechtenstein and the Fermers are seeded. Brasser. Edited by adamntg

Actually on further inspection, they need the teams 2 from Poland and 1 from Austria that qualify to have a lower coefficient, because the 1st and 2nd round are drawn together.

(Also means you could find out your opponents the Thursday before the 1st leg if you get a team from round 1)

Bloody hell, you think Scottish football has slumped and then you see Ferencvaros unseeded while teams from the Faroes and Liechtenstein and the Fermers are seeded. Brasser.

You get a seeding for where you enter the competition.

Utd have a higher ranking than Aberdeen because the year they won the cup they entered at the last qualifying round. Points drop off after 5(?) years.

Now they would enter at the 2nd qualifying round.