Pre Season Friendlies - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre Season Friendlies

Actually on further inspection, they need the teams 2 from Poland and 1 from Austria that qualify to have a lower coefficient, because the 1st and 2nd round are drawn together.

(Also means you could find out your opponents the Thursday before the 1st leg if you get a team from round 1)

isn't their borderline seeding for the second round? They've still the first round to navigate where they are seeded.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get a seeding for where you enter the competition.

Utd have a higher ranking than Aberdeen because the year they won the cup they entered at the last qualifying round. Points drop off after 5(?) years.

Now they would enter at the 2nd qualifying round.

I understand what you're saying. You get more points for losing in the last qualifiers than for losing in the first. Nevertheless, it's something for a club with Ferencvaros' history to have a lower coefficient than HB feckin Torshavn.

Ah I remember a time where I would waste hours looking at Motherwells potential European opponents :lol:

Ah well hopefully actually get more than one pre season friendly this year

:lol:

I'm actually quite excited to see how we start next season. With the new fitness coach, I'm thinking we could be like on Mcghees first season. Really fit and sharp.

I'd be worried if I was a Rangers fan that Stuart McCall won't bother with a pre-season and just hope they can turn up and win the 1st round of the Ramsdens cup and league cup as a pre-season

Heard a rumour Rangers are playing Leeds

That was confirmed on Twitter as alot of rubbish a defo no go according to Adam Pope leeds reporter

Edited by Geed

Ah I remember a time where I would waste hours looking at Motherwells potential European opponents :lol:

Ah well hopefully actually get more than one pre season friendly this year

Rumour the now of pre season games in England

Rumours that the Bairns are going to Dublin early July.

Yip 2 games, Tuesday 7th and Sat 11th. We're all going on a European tour after all. Can't make the game on the Sat. Might go to the game on the Tuesday with flights currently coming in a £20 for the return from Ryanair

Aberdeen will play St. Johnstone on Sunday 28th June at Glebe Park, Brechin, (K.O. 1pm) four days before both sides play their opening Europa League qualifying matches, the draw for which will be made on Monday 22nd June.

Ticket details for the match, which could see Saints defender Joe Shaughnessy play against his former team-mates, will be announced in due course.

Partick thistle v Eastleigh away. Tuesday 14th July. Might try head down for that, Only a couple of hours on the train from London.

Just along the road from me that, might see if I am free.