Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016 - Page 20 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers Recovery - Season 2015/2016

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose, technically, the red card was correct but it still seems harsh. Two yellows would have been sufficient. The first penalty also looked soft and despite that, it should therefore have been another red rather than yellow. Tavernier also received a yellow card for hee haw so not a good 20 minutes or so for the officials.

Rangers were well on top prior to the red card anyway so we would probably have won in any event but that decision certainly put the tin lid on it.

Agree with the above comments.

Red card was a bit on the harsh side, BUT if he gives that penalty he has to send the defender off, it's as clear cut a red card as you'll get.

Had he not just given a red card, I'm sure he wouldn't have bottled sending him off.

Agree with the above comments.

Red card was a bit on the harsh side, BUT if he gives that penalty he has to send the defender off, it's as clear cut a red card as you'll get.

Had he not just given a red card, I'm sure he wouldn't have bottled sending him off.

The ref had a mare. The red card was ridiculous. Both players should have been booked. I know the ref will hide behind the letter of the law on it but that's rubbish.

The penalty was a stonewaller and was also a definite red based on the rules. So all in all not one to remember for the officials.

I see Raith Rovers have put a complaint in against rangers for getting Ryan Hardie recalled from Scotland u-19 duty to be in their squad on Saturday, while Raith have a 1st team player in the same squad.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1328020-raith-rovers-ask-sfa-to-investigate-rangers-ryan-hardies-recall/

Why moan about Rangers when the SFA approved the request?

Surely it would be them at fault for releasing the player, or did Davie Weir fly out and kidnap him SAS style?

apparently raith were offered the same option as rangers on Wighton but they couldn't,t afford to pay his flight home

Heard this as well. If that's true, and Raith were offered the option, it seems a bit daft that they have made all of this public.

Didn't realise our U-19's were playing them (Bulgaria) twice in a matter of days.

Seems strange to me that he is coming back to us, unless he has been told he definitely won't be involved in the second match or something. Unlikely to feature much in our game that's for sure.