Astra V Inverness Ct And Other European Ties - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Astra V Inverness Ct And Other European Ties

Big game in the second leg. Astra were not up to much in the first and we could have won it let alone drawn. The tie is still open and we could feasibly turn the tie around. Big incentive of most likely playing West Ham in the next round.

Also Aberdeen play some Croatian team.

Guest allyc

Caley deserved a draw i think.very difficult to go over there and win tho.nick an early goal and u never know.don't think much to any of their new players either.

Any chance of Inverness bothering to have more than one Scot in their side next week?

Very unlikely although Esson should have been playing. Strange decision and that Williams looked very uncomfortable.

If we were only to have one Scot in our team then I'm glad it's Christie. Wouldn't trade him for 5 of Aberdeen's Scottish players. He is easily one of the best Scottish players in the premiership. Not sure I would swap him for any Scottish player playing in Scotland actually. He was a class above everyone in both teams last night by a long way but unfortunately couldn't do it all by himself.

Most Caley fans have accepted that this will be his last season in Inverness, that's if we even have him for the whole season.

Edited by iainmac1

If we were only to have one Scot in our team then I'm glad it's Christie. Wouldn't trade him for 5 of Aberdeen's Scottish players.

So ICT wouldn't be better off if they swapped Christie for Jack, Shinnie, Reynolds, McLean and Pawlett? Keep those blinkers on...

So ICT wouldn't be better off if they swapped Christie for Jack, Shinnie, Reynolds, McLean and Pawlett? Keep those blinkers on...

It's not often a club the size of ICT have a player like Christie. Would rather make the most of him while he's here as he is probably destined for England and Scotland caps in the near future.

I also thought Shinnie should have been called up to a squad at least by now. I'm sure Strachan watched the Scottish cup semi final where Shinnie and Christie pissed all over Celtic and some of his regular squad picks.

Edited by iainmac1

Very unlikely although Esson should have been playing. Strange decision and that Williams looked very uncomfortable.

If we were only to have one Scot in our team then I'm glad it's Christie. Wouldn't trade him for 5 of Aberdeen's Scottish players. He is easily one of the best Scottish players in the premiership. Not sure I would swap him for any Scottish player playing in Scotland actually. He was a class above everyone in both teams last night by a long way but unfortunately couldn't do it all by himself.

Most Caley fans have accepted that this will be his last season in Inverness, that's if we even have him for the whole season.

Hahahaha

Normally it's only Pasta Mick that post such blinkered stuff :lol:

Will Christie be allowed to leave at Christmas or will it be a pre-contract he signs with the Dons?

Normally it's only Pasta Mick that post such blinkered stuff :lol:

Obviously the 5 player thing was an exaggeration but the rest is serious. There isn't a single Scottish Aberdeen player who I would rather have. In the Scottish premiership perhaps scott brown would be tempting but he is a decade older than Christie.

Will Christie be allowed to leave at Christmas or will it be a pre-contract he signs with the Dons?

Christie seems pretty well grounded for such a young player. Talks about staying learning his trade before even considering moving on. When he leaves it will be to a team in England.

And I wouldn't be too smug as if Aberdeen are in anyway seriously threatening celtic then that will be your best players heading to celtic Park.

Edited by iainmac1

Obviously the 5 player thing was an exaggeration but the rest is serious. There isn't a single Scottish Aberdeen player who I would rather have. In the Scottish premiership perhaps scott brown would be tempting but he is a decade older than Christie.

Is his dad still involved with the youth setup?

Is his dad still involved with the youth setup?

Yeah he also seems to have been a good influence on Ryan and keeping him grounded. He talks well about not leaving Caley too early in his career and not moving on purely for money if he isn't going to be playing first team elsewhere.

His dad was also going to make him stay on at school for 6th year if he didn't pass his highers in 5th year. He was able to get 6 highers so seems a smart enough boy. Quite refreshing to hear young promising Scottish players with a good attitude.

Edited by iainmac1

It's not often a club the size of ICT have a player like Christie. Would rather make the most of him while he's here as he is probably destined for England and Scotland caps in the near future.

England and Scotland caps? Wow, this guy has more alter egos than Andy Goram!

It was ridiculous that Christie wasn't made young player of the year last season.

The imagination that went into giving it to a Manchester City loan player who strolled through a few games against Hamilton etc, was startling.

Good luck to Caley in the second leg, from a County supporter. I'll even lend you my support for the game at Upton Park since it's only 20 mins or so from my flat. Just for the one night, though

Whit d'ye mean? Birkirkara, the Maltese Thistle, are getting through that tie :ok:

Aberdeen take on Almaty this afternoon (3:45pm our time), in what i think will be a very difficult game.

Almaty are apparently without their top goalscorer and another of their forwards, who're both injured.

I expect Aberdeen to try and play much the same as they did in Rejika. Sit back, soak up pressure and use the pace of McGinn, Hayes & Pawlett to try and hit on the break.

Hoping for an away goal and to avoid defeat.

This Russian mob are pathetic.

Anything less than a 3 goal win will be disappointing.

Anybody who believes their managers mind games about injured "star" players is a ducking mug.

Good luck to Caley, Motherwell & Killie tonight.

This Russian mob are pathetic.

Anything less than a 3 goal win will be disappointing.

Anybody who believes their managers mind games about injured "star" players is a ducking mug.

Good luck to Caley, Motherwell & Killie tonight.

nae good at geography are you - they maybe have a russian space station inside Kazkahstan (sovereign territory) but certainly not Russian, although lot of russian immigrants distributed from the USSR times