Skippy Contract Decision Expected Within 48Hrs- Motherwell Fc - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Skippy Contract Decision Expected Within 48Hrs- Motherwell Fc

Speaking last month, McDonald said there was "a huge chance" he would return to Well.

"We've always loved living in Scotland, me and my family, and I still have my house up there as well,"

If Skippy signs I expect us to be pushing for top six this season, if he doesn't we could struggle again.

Finger and toes crossed.

Hope he signs on for Motherwell, they could have a decent season coming up in any case. I think Barraclough seems to have the squad he needs now to make it into the top six quite easily.

:ok:

Having escaped relegation via the play-offs I am hoping the club will see a resurgence of form. Again they have lost talent, the most noatble being Lee Irwin to leeds. However Barraclough has a track record of developing players, goodluck to him. He needs a good start in the SPFL, where Stuart McCall failed ( last season)

Edited by Robroysboy

Stephen Craigan is now under 20s manager.

Has the talk of a new stadium resurfaced recently?

Not heard anything on that front.

I think that ship has sailed, from the early 90s-2007 we could have sold fir park for good money and built a new stadium. I'm not sure that's an option now without a benefactor or help from the council or the likes?

Although the upkeep of fir park is apparently pretty steep too...

Les Hutchison and Barraclough might just be full of pish, but all the chat about doing things right in terms of fitness and conditioning, the scouting system and the number 2 he brought in that's apparently quite highly rated, things look quite promising.

If its taking this long he clearly doesn't love you :(

Apparently he is considering a big paypacket from a team in Asia. Seems alot of the top Australian players go to the chineese league to boost their bankbalance before they retire.

Goodluck to the wee fella, he can get more money elsewhere but I would like to think he is already a millionaire after stints at Celtic and championship wages.

Apparently he is considering a big paypacket from a team in Asia. Seems alot of the top Australian players go to the chineese league to boost their bankbalance before they retire.

Goodluck to the wee fella, he can get more money elsewhere but I would like to think he is already a millionaire after stints at Celtic and championship wages.

You will be delighted that he has signed on for a year then! Great wee bit of negotiation by Motherwell.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/07/21/scott-mcdonald-signs-on-again/

Has faddy signed up for St johnstone this season?

great player but I agree his best days are behind him. :ok:

No, freed by st Johnstone, training at Motherwell. I don't think there's any interest in Motherwell sogning him, just giving him facilities.