Premiership Predictions - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premiership Predictions

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killie to be the surprise package, much like Hamilton were last season but finishing in the top 6.

Thistle need to sign a decent striker if we've any chance of staying up/top 6.

Aberdeen

Celtic

Hearts

Inverness

Kilmarnock

Dundee

Dundee United

Motherwell

Thistle

St.Johnstone

Ross County

Hamilton

I can't see Thistle finishing anywhere other than rock bottom - it's going to be a long season...

I'd agree, with our budget and falling crowds it would be hardly surprising. My only hope is accies will be slightly worse but with a play off I fear it'll be inevitable that we drop this season.

I'd agree, with our budget and falling crowds it would be hardly surprising. My only hope is accies will be slightly worse but with a play off I fear it'll be inevitable that we drop this season.

Aye, best we can hope for - still signed for another year with my season ticket.

You struggle to score. That and the fact a Armenian pub side beat you over two legs.

An Armenian pub side that would whack most other Scottish sides that haven't started their season. Killie were horsedung last year so I struggle to see your logic.

An Armenian pub side that would whack most other Scottish sides that haven't started their season. Killie were horsedung last year so I struggle to see your logic.

Last year counts for nothing, especially when we've punted l0 of that squad.

Aye, Aberdeen sure showed how an early start is a hindrance.

You got embarrassed off a pub side no matter how you dress it up.

Ps. We were utter dross last season and still won in Perth.

An Armenian pub side that would whack most other Scottish sides that haven't started their season.

You may be right, you may be wrong. There's no way we'll ever know. It's pure conjecture.

Last year counts for nothing, especially when we've punted l0 of that squad.

Aye, Aberdeen sure showed how an early start is a hindrance.

You got embarrassed off a pub side no matter how you dress it up.

Ps. We were utter dross last season and still won in Perth.

We were a shambles in Europe. That much I agree with.

But your other points make no sense. Killie were atrocious last year so Christ knows how you can pick a team who consistently finish above you as relegation candidates is baffling. You beat us in Perth. Big deal. Most teams in that league take points from each other. Saints got a result at Pittodrie last season. Did that make us better than Aberdeen? Of course it never.

We were a shambles in Europe. That much I agree with.

But your other points make no sense. Killie were atrocious last year so Christ knows how you can pick a team who consistently finish above you as relegation candidates is baffling. You beat us in Perth. Big deal. Most teams in that league take points from each other. Saints got a result at Pittodrie last season. Did that make us better than Aberdeen? Of course it never.

Who said you were relegation candidates? Only person mentioning it is you.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I said I think you'll struggle. Time will tell.

Who said you were relegation candidates? Only person mentioning it is you.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I said I think you'll struggle. Time will tell.

Anybody who is said to struggle in the league is surely a contender for relegation. The league's not that big.

I don't think Saints will struggle quite as much as Squirrelhumper suggests, but it is a fact that they have problems scoring goals.

Only 34 last season, the 2nd worst in the league.

It says a lot about the standard of Scottish football that that was enough to get them 4th place.

I don't think Saints will struggle quite as much as Squirrelhumper suggests, but it is a fact that they have problems scoring goals.

It says a lot about the standard of Scottish football that that was enough to get them 4th place.

Or about the standard or their defence? When Italy were the best in Europe there was rarely more than two goals a game in Serie A.

Other than Celtic winning the league by a mile it's quite difficult to predict. A lot can happen over a season. Just look at Dundee Utd last year, second at Christmas, utter pish after the end of January. Who's to say McInnes won't piss off to the (English) Championship in November and plunder a few boys to go with him in the window?

Our defence was among the best in the league. Says a lot when guys continually berate Wright and Anderson.

Or about the standard or their defence? When Italy were the best in Europe there was rarely more than two goals a game in Serie A.

Our defence was among the best in the league. Says a lot when guys continually berate Wright and Anderson.

Which is why I pointed out that I don't think Saints will struggle as much as suggested by Mr Squirrelhumper.

I've actually predicted them to come 5th this coming season, because in general Wright usually sends out a well-organised team that's hard to break down.

But there's no doubt though that a lack of ability to score goals will come back and bite you on the erse at some point. Plenty of fine lines in Scottish fitba, and 4th or 5th place can easily become 7th or 8th if you can't put the ball in the net.

Which is why I pointed out that I don't think Saints will struggle as much as suggested by Mr Squirrelhumper.

I've actually predicted them to come 5th this coming season, because in general Wright usually sends out a well-organised team that's hard to break down.

But there's no doubt though that a lack of ability to score goals will come back and bite you on the erse at some point. Plenty of fine lines in Scottish fitba, and 4th or 5th place can easily become 7th or 8th if you can't put the ball in the net.

Fair post. Good points.