Broadfoot - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I've met a few Rangers/EX Rangers players from Ayrshire out in Killie and most have been fine, Hutton is bang on (married to a Killie fan which helps), as are Boyd & Naisy. Hutton was in the Sports Bar at RP with McGregor one Saturday (can't rememeber why Hutton wasn't down south, might have been injured or a cup weekend) and they were nice to talk to.

Broadfoot on the other hand i've heard nobody say a good word about.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Eurosport

Rotherham have apparently refused to comment on the issue due to a confidentiality agreement that stops anyone involved discussing the nature of the case, and how it could potentially affect the safety of both men.

Without condoning or condemning anyone or anything, I find it quite interesting that according some James McLean is 'entitled to his opinion because of his upbringing' (even though his opinions are distasteful to some), and Kirk Broadfoot is a 'bigoted /khnut because of his upbringing' (obviously his opinions....whatever they are...are distasteful to some).

It's a fine line this sectarian thing, depending on which side your sympathies lie..... :wink2: ***

***Disclaimer : Before anyone jumps on me, I have a documented history of detesting both sides of the sectarian divide. And both Celtic and Rangers fans hate me equally, so I'm doing something right :ok:

Edited by Rossy

Apparently Broadfoot called McClean a "diving f***** b******" and Wigan scored from the resultant free kick, which resulted in a further hoo-ha.

deserves everything he gets. i have always found the term "diving" sectarian and distasteful in the extreme.

Without condoning or condemning anyone or anything, I find it quite interesting that according some James McLean is 'entitled to his opinion because of his upbringing' (even though his opinions are distasteful to some), and Kirk Broadfoot is a 'bigoted /khnut because of his upbringing' (obviously his opinions....whatever they are...are distasteful to some).

It's a fine line this sectarian thing, depending on which side your sympathies lie..... :wink2: ***

***Disclaimer : Before anyone jumps on me, I have a documented history of detesting both sides of the sectarian divide. And both Celtic and Rangers fans hate me equally, so I'm doing something right :ok:

What are you on about? If McLean has directed sectarian abuse towards someone, then he is out of order and will be punished.

If you're equating refusing to wear a poppy or not standing for GSTQ with sectarian abuse, then you're massively wrong IMO.

What are you on about? If McLean has directed sectarian abuse towards someone, then he is out of order and will be punished.

If you're equating refusing to wear a poppy or not standing for GSTQ with sectarian abuse, then you're massively wrong IMO.

I'm not condoning Broadfoot in any way at all. He's a dick. And equally I haven't condemned McClean in anyway for not wearing a poppy. I don't care.

I could though point out that McClean has a social media history of eulogising the IRA (which he's now careful to cover up), and I'm sure that in the eyes of some that would make his behaviour (and motives) as equally sectarian as Clubfoot's. I'm also sure that others would use semantics to say this wasn't sectarian.......and so we would go round. :wink2:

I'm simply pointing out the differing reactions based on (what looks like to me), people's differing sympathies.

Edited by Rossy

I'm not condoning Broadfoot in any way at all. He's a dick. And equally I haven't condemned McClean in anyway for not wearing a poppy. I don't care.

I could though point out that McClean has a social media history of eulogising the IRA (which he's now careful to cover up), and I'm sure that in the eyes of some that would make his behaviour (and motives) as equally sectarian as Clubfoot's. I'm also sure that others would use semantics to say this wasn't sectarian.......and so we would go round. :wink2:

I'm simply pointing out the differing reactions based on (what looks like to me), people's differing sympathies.

I've never seen anything McLean has done that could be described as sectarian, although you may be right.

So people's differing reactions are more likely to be because McLean has been the victim or bigoted abuse, while the things that have been defended that McLean has done (anthem, poppy) are not bigoted at all.

Even a single neuron could see the difference between not wearing something or standing in the same direction as everyone else and using pejorative terms based on religion to an individual.

Rossy why are you pussyfooting about with all this "I could" "in the eyes of some" "equally sectarian" "use semantics" you sound like you want to say it yourself but can't quite work up the courage to do so. Why obfuscate your views on the matter.

Don't worry though i think i'm the only one noticing :-)) :-))

Pathetic from the Record again.

Here's what the Mirror said:

"Kirk Broadfoot has been handed a staggering 10-game ban for a sectarian tirade against James McClean."

"Broadfoot was born into a Protestant family in Ayrshire and is known to be a staunch supporters of certain cultural traditions relating to his religion"

And here's the Record:

"KIRK Broadfoot has been handed a staggering 10-game ban for launching a verbal tirade against James McClean."

But Hulk hogan launch a "racist tirade"

:lol:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/hulk-hogan-been-booted-out-6128187

I've never seen anything McLean has done that could be described as sectarian, although you may be right.

So people's differing reactions are more likely to be because McLean has been the victim or bigoted abuse, while the things that have been defended that McLean has done (anthem, poppy) are not bigoted

at all.

I think I get what Rossy is trying to say but I agree with Parklife.

I've not seen anything sectarian from McLean but he is a twat. Broadfoot is however guilty of the charge and has no defence.

Being s twat isn't apparently a crime, so most of us are ok for now. ?

It's depressing that Broadfoot is being lauded for his actions on a lot of Rangers leaning social media. I know little of James McLean and his motivations but he doesn't seem to have done much wrong other than irritate little Englanders and the 'thought police'

Trying the old 'there both as bad as each other' patter, when in fact McLean has been the victim here as you well know. Also, your continued insistence about McLean and bigotry on twitter has yet to surface any actual evidence of suggested tweets.