Dublin Airport To Heuston Station - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dublin Airport To Heuston Station

Charlie Endell

I need to get from the airport to Heuston next month - planning on getting a taxi as time will be tight - is it best jump into one of the airport-based cabs on arrival or book one in advance (a company called Sun Transfers seem to be offering a decent fare)?

Edited by Charlie Endell

Just going to book one - €27 is very reasonable - especially between six. Thanks for all your replies though.

A bit late...but yeah, I'd book one and have the guy there ready to collect you at arrivals. Airport to Heuston is an awkward connection.

A bit late...but yeah, I'd book one and have the guy there ready to collect you at arrivals. Airport to Heuston is an awkward connection.

Cheers - a bit of reassurance is always welcome :ok:.

Should be 10ish in the morning, so hopefully the traffic will have died down by then - train leaves Heuston at 11.00.

Cheers - a bit of reassurance is always welcome :ok:.

Should be 10ish in the morning, so hopefully the traffic will have died down by then - train leaves Heuston at 11.00.

If you're getting in the taxi at 10, no problem at all. If the plane is landing at 10...good luck!

Plane is due to land at 09.40 - given that O'Leary always builds in an allowance to back up his punctuality claims I reckon we should be touching down about 09.30 - provided it takes off from Glasgow on time (08.40 - no way is it an hour's flying time from Glasgow to Dublin)...

Going to Thurles - if the worst comes to the worst will re-direct the taxi straight there - 200 max, I'd reckon.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I reckon you'd be getting closer to 300. But if you're hand luggage only, close to the front of the plane and leg it ahead of the sometimes really slow passport queue you'll probably even have time for a pint at Houston.

Edit: actually, no. The pub won't be open...

Edited by thewelk