Films 2015 - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Recently watched:

The Rover - Guy Pearce & Robert Pattinson, set in Australia 10 years after an economic crash has left rural Australia a crime infested wasteland. What it lacks in story, it makes up for it in acting and suspense. Worth a watch.

Thanks for that, 90 minutes of absolute unadulterated shite, most certainly not worth a watch.

Pattisons character was just beyond the pale, and Im guessing that every woman in the outback was killed apart from the granny. Terrible film, just awful.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whiplash

Poor Birdman - it was supposed to be the film I couldn't imagine getting toppled, and it lasted a mere three days at the summit :lol:

That someone managed to make a film about jazz drumming and make it so tense and interesting deserves an awful lot of plaudits! Main actor was great but J K Simmons steals the show as chief . Fantastic performance.

Absolutely loved it.

Thanks for that, 90 minutes of absolute unadulterated shite, most certainly not worth a watch.

Pattisons character was just beyond the pale, and Im guessing that every woman in the outback was killed apart from the granny. Terrible film, just awful.

:lol:

I hadn't slept for 36 hours when I watched it so maybe that affect my mental state but I enjoyed it. I can only mind the one women dying, mind you I can only remember 2 of them.

think Fury was last year , but went to see on Jan 1 at the cheap flicks

thought it was outstanding - if you like ww2 action films

Saw it last night. Decent film, spoilt by the end where it turns into Rambo 1945. The only truly outstanding scene was the fight with the Tiger.

Whiplash

Poor Birdman - it was supposed to be the film I couldn't imagine getting toppled, and it lasted a mere three days at the summit :lol:

That someone managed to make a film about jazz drumming and make it so flipping tense and interesting deserves an awful lot of plaudits! Main actor was great but J K Simmons steals the show as chief bunny rabbit. Fantastic performance.

Absolutely loved it.

really enjoyed whiplash although mainly for the music, nice

:lol:

I hadn't slept for 36 hours when I watched it so maybe that affect my mental state but I enjoyed it. I can only mind the one women dying, mind you I can only remember 2 of them.

And another thing, the 4x4 that flipped and rolled several times was magically unmarked. I should have stopped there.

I watched a lot of Aussie films when I was there, some were great, but this is undoubtedly the worst.

I know it's old hat but watched The Dark Knight again the other night

The film itself is way too long but Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker must be one of the greatest ever acting performances of all time - totally nailed it

As i said i know it's old hat

The film itself is way too long but Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker must be one of the greatest ever acting performances of all time - totally nailed it

As much as he does a good job, its one of the most overrated films I've seen.

He was good but nowhere near as good as Jack Nicholson. It's a common occurence for people to overhype performances because the poor soul has passed on. Kind of like Davie Cooper or Amy Winehouse. Good but not as good as folk make out.

He was good but nowhere near as good as Jack Nicholson. It's a common occurence for people to overhype performances because the poor soul has passed on. Kind of like Davie Cooper or Amy Winehouse. Good but not as good as folk make out.

Absolute nonsense

Ledger was more near the true Joker - Nicholson was more near Cesar Romero

To be fair Ledger's performance was getting plenty of hype from those who had seen versions of the film before he died.

American Sniper

Good film. While I appreciate it was a true story, it wasn't exactly something I hadn't seen before. A war film with lots of hoorah usa, America badger yeah etc. Nonetheless, an interesting insight into the lives of these snipers, and the split second decisions they have to take out in the field.

agreed, the closing credits made me feel uneasy and sums up why as a general rule Americans are c.nuts. Bradley Cooper was excellent tho, 8000 calories a day to bulk up for the part which meant he had to eat every 55 minutes and put on 40lbs

Anybody seen REDIRECTED, this is without doubt one of the worst films I've ever watched but it also contains what I assume is the only TA scene in a mainstream film?

This is a Lithuanian 'gangster farce' type of film, like what Guy Ritchie was pumping out a few years ago, it stars (term used very loosely!!) one Vinnie Jones so you know what you're getting ...

The film starts in London and ends up in Lithuania thanks to the getaway plane being redirected to Vilnius because of the Icelandic volcano problems

The innocent party in this farce wakes up in Vilnius and as he's leaving his hotel room you can hear "We'll be coming We'll be coming", the camera pans down the corridor and there are 3 TA boys staggering up the corridor and into a room ....that is the only reference to TA/Scotland/Football throughout the whole film .... fuqqing surreal

Anybody seen REDIRECTED, this is without doubt one of the worst films I've ever watched but it also contains what I assume is the only TA scene in a mainstream film?

This is a Lithuanian 'gangster farce' type of film, like what Guy Ritchie was pumping out a few years ago, it stars (term used very loosely!!) one Vinnie Jones so you know what you're getting ...

The film starts in London and ends up in Lithuania thanks to the getaway plane being redirected to Vilnius because of the Icelandic volcano problems

The innocent party in this farce wakes up in Vilnius and as he's leaving his hotel room you can hear "We'll be coming We'll be coming", the camera pans down the corridor and there are 3 TA boys staggering up the corridor and into a room ....that is the only reference to TA/Scotland/Football throughout the whole film .... fuqqing surreal

Came across it on imdb a while back. One of those films with a suspiciously high rating.

Will we get a movie about some fat cheetos eating jarhead bitch who has killed dozens using her drone?

You can almost write the script yourself...

"Then she valiantly signs off her computer and heads down to McDonalds after obliterating yet another wedding party.... (cue patriotic music)"