Stv Poll... - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Trade Unions can f*ck off.

They (in greater part) supported the status quo before the referendum by encouraging members to vote No to keep the establishment in power.

One week after the 18th September, Unison were marching in Glasgow complaining about inequality in society....conveniently ignoring that they had a golden chance to do something about it (at least in Scotland).

Did I say that they can f*ck off ?

I also marched that day :ok:

Was listening to some of PMQs whilst driving.

Kezia Dugdale is so out of her depth she could be a new speices skulking at the bottom of the marianas trench. Really needs to go to a reading off a bit of paper more naturally course.

My Maw and Dad are both Labour Party members.

They both voted for Murphy & Dugdale. Truly baffling.

They are very much the brainwashed Labour "supporter" type though. They'll wait to hear what Labour say about something then make that their viewpoint, rather than making their own mind up.

I imagine many of the people who said they would be more likely to vote yes were yes voters anyway.

Would like to have seen them do a yes no poll for future referendum and who would switch vote. The Smith commission is a boost for yes but the oil price I feel could harm soft yes voters and harden soft no's. The scare story bank will be added to massively.

I presume that you pointed out the irony in their stance ?

No? The March was going ahead regardless of the referendum result. If there had been a Yes vote the left would still be protesting for equality, I'd still be on here complaining about the SNP's neoliberal ways... Probably more so.

It wasn't the left that lost the referendum regardless of your opinion on that Rossy, if it weren't for groups like the RIC the vote wouldn't have reached 45%. True story :ok:

I imagine many of the people who said they would be more likely to vote yes were yes voters anyway.

Would like to have seen them do a yes no poll for future referendum and who would switch vote. The Smith commission is a boost for yes but the oil price I feel could harm soft yes voters and harden soft no's. The scare story bank will be added to massively.

Sadly you're absolutely right :ok:

Think the low oil prices will turn a lot of no voters in the north east to yes as it will show how little the uk government will do to protect it....

That's a good point, let's see how the media spin it though.

Already there is daily, never challenged, assertions that the entire SNP argument was based on oil. It wasn't but that's the history already rewritten.

Think the low oil prices will turn a lot of no voters in the north east to yes as it will show how little the uk government will do to protect it....

mibbes aye mibbes naw.

But I am really pleased this oil price collapse has happened so quickly after a No. This is exactly the sort of scary pants scenario pish that No voters voted No for (in Aberdeen and beyond). So now they will see what difference it makes being part of the UK versus independent. Will they save you poor oilfolk like they did steel workers? the ship builders? the miners? Or will they just say 'market forces' and tell you to get on your bike.

What do you think?

Now what do you think a newly independent Scotland might be doing to offset the crash in price?

I dont know but I do know it would be something, and a lot more than this shower of w@nkers whose kock you are so fond of sucking are not doing.

The No's are going to find out that their UK insurance policy does not pay out, it is all just talk and empty promises.

Property prices in Aberdeen were through the roof. Classic bubble that now must surely pop. I can see a lot of negative equity coming for the residents of the Deen. They say this could last 3 years...

I recently met an old school friend's parents who have lived in Aberdeen their whole lives and asked about Aberdeen doing so well (this was last summer). They said Oil Aberdeen is doing very well, but non Oil aberdeen is and has been for a while suffering badly. Well now the oily ribbon on the Aberdeen economic jobby is about to be ripped off. We will see what difference the NO makes.

The selfish whanks in the north east will do whatever they think will help them get an extra 50p in their pockets.

Easy tiger to tarnish the whole northeast under the same banner is a bit niave, remember banff and buchan has been the snp strong hold in westminster for as long as i can remember...i am from the north east and work offshore, tbh most jobs lost will be contractors onshore who make a fortune.... I work adhoc and travel about the north sea and i can honestly say from my experience about 70 to 80% of scottish offshore workers who i have had dealings with voted yes so your gleeful attitude to their industry having a rough time is a bit uncalled for...on another note one of my wifes family who falls under the category of a no voting contractor toonser confessed to me at the new year he regrets his vote as he has taken a 10% on 10% cut in the last six month he now sees that the westminster mob are only interested in milking the cow

The selfish whanks in the north east will do whatever they think will help them get an extra 50p in their pockets.

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Easy tiger to tarnish the whole northeast under the same banner is a bit niave, remember banff and buchan has been the snp strong hold in westminster for as long as i can remember...i am from the north east and work offshore, tbh most jobs lost will be contractors onshore who make a fortune.... I work adhoc and travel about the north sea and i can honestly say from my experience about 70 to 80% of scottish offshore workers who i have had dealings with voted yes so your gleeful attitude to their industry having a rough time is a bit uncalled for...on another note one of my wifes family who falls under the category of a no voting contractor toonser confessed to me at the new year he regrets his vote as he has taken a 10% on 10% cut in the last six month he now sees that the westminster mob are only interested in milking the cow

Not gleeful at all.

I'm just calling it as I see it. Aberdeen voted No massively because it's full of selfish khunts.

<p>

Next set of data released: https://www.ipsos-mori.com/Assets/Docs/Scotland/scotland-pom-jan-2015-tables-pt2.pdf

smith-commission-2015.jpg

holyrood-vi-jan-2015.jpg

List vote:

• SNP - 48%
  • LAB - 22%
  • CON - 11%
  • GRN - 10%
  • LIB - 5%
  • UKIP - 2%
  • SSP - 1%
  • Others - 2%
Seat calculation:
  • SNP - 72 (+3)
  • LAB - 27 (-10)
  • CON - 12 (-3)
  • GRN - 11 (+9)
  • LIB - 7 (+2)
  • Others - 0 (-1)

Would love the greens to get 11 seats

It wasn't the left that lost the referendum regardless of your opinion on that Rossy, if it weren't for groups like the RIC the vote wouldn't have reached 45%. True story :ok:

I realise that large amounts of (ex) Labour voters voted Yes, and good on them.

I'm referring to the hypocrisy of major trade union organisations who bleat about 'inequality' and 'injustice' on one hand, then get into bed with the Tories on the other.

Scottish trade unions had a golden chance to do something about inequality, but they chose to support the Westminster establishment.

Tory reaction to the latest polls:-

2500B5B300000578-2924524-image-a-43_1422

:lol::lol:

May2015 Calculates with:

SNP - 52% (55 seats)

LAB - 24% (4 seats)

CON - 14% (0 seats)

LIB - 4% (0 seats)

UKIP - 2%

GRN - 1%

with:

SNP - 42% (45 seats)

LAB - 24% (10 seats)

CON - 24% (4 seats)

LIB - 4%

UKIP - 2%

GRN - 1%

That works well for the Tories... :lol::lol:

I realise that large amounts of (ex) Labour voters voted Yes, and good on them.

I'm referring to the hypocrisy of major trade union organisations who bleat about 'inequality' and 'injustice' on one hand, then get into bed with the Tories on the other.

Scottish trade unions had a golden chance to do something about inequality, but they chose to support the Westminster establishment.

I was also on that march, with some of my colleagues from the POA (backed yes). Couldn't believe the stupidity of some of the union reps from no supporting unions that day, gloating and laughing at referendum outcome, while wandering around the streets demanding action over austerity... would hate to rely on some of them to represent anyone I cared about. Unthinking party sycophants who couldn't give a shit about their own members, let alone anyone else.