Motherwell College - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell College

No 2 son has received late place for motherwell college,we are in Aberdeen.... anyone any info on Motherwell college location,where to stay etc buses from Glasgow anything really,they phoned today and asked if he could be down to start on wed !!

How far is the college from motherwell centre and train station I've not been to Motherwell since the early eighties when the dandies used hump the local team........

No 2 son has received late place for motherwell college,we are in Aberdeen.... anyone any info on Motherwell college location,where to stay etc buses from Glasgow anything really,they phoned today and asked if he could be down to start on wed !!

How far is the college from motherwell centre and train station I've not been to Motherwell since the early eighties when the dandies used hump the local team........

It'a on the old Ravenscraig site so not close to town centre (around 2 miles) and would probably need to get a bus.

As for where to stay not sure if there's any student specific accommodation in Motherwell, Glasgow would be nearest.

Edited by Larky Masher

Glasgow - Motherwell college is a slow journey by bus!

It's not very close to any train station either. Shieldmuir is probably the closest?

It's a new place, so sure it will be modern.

Can't really add much else to what has already been said. The advice motherwell fans generally give to our european visitors is, whatever you do, don't stay in motherwell! Get a place in town and come out for the game.

From an academic point of view though, I'd suggest your boy would be better in motherwell, otherwise it's very easy not to bother.

Culturally?

:lol:

Thanks for all the reply Gents, in a nutshell if he gets the train to Glasgow central which station should he look to get off in motherwell,is it called Motherwell and if going by bus which bus would he get from Buchannon street station ?

Thanks, I know I could probably find the timetables online but local knowledge is much better

http://travelinescotland.com/journeyplanner/showJourneyDetailsPage.do?rid=1422361649558&hss=yaYjS238857185

Use the above link if it is the Motherwell Campus, New College Lanarkshire was the merger of Motherwell College, Coatbridge College and Cumbernauld College, so there is campuses at each of these as well as one in Kirkintilloch which was part of Cumbernauld College.

Might be worth checking if on site accommodation is available http://www.nclanarkshire.ac.uk/campuses/motherwell/student-life-m/accomodation