Margaret Curran And Why Labour In Scotland Is Dead - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Margaret Curran And Why Labour In Scotland Is Dead

Curran stating tonight on Twitter for all to see she voted against fracking today.

https://twitter.com/margaret_curran/status/559809801015017472

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/hansard/commons/todays-commons-debates/read/unknown/231/

The above proves otherwise. Politicians must rue the day social media took over from mainstream manipulated media. Barefaced lies are exposed for what they are.

I'm sick of these self serving idiots lying to us. And even more sick of having to find out for myself they are lying. Labour are dead in this land and it's because of this type of behaviour.

It's the same barefaced lies that caused a no vote. Stunningly stupid for an MP to lie in such an issue that is so easily proved or disproved.

They seem to think they have.

Dr Éoin Clarke@LabourEoin 11h

11 hours ago

Boom. Labour amendment to block Fracking (vote today). I knew the party would come good on this important issue. pic.twitter.com/X58XLkQewq

Even if they brought about an amendment curran states she voted against it. She never. She never voted at all yet tells everyone she did. Stunning stupidity. Quite stunning.

If the current polls are correct she is out on her arse in May.

Given that she represents some of the poorest areas of Glasgow and voted for £30bn of austerity cuts, I hope the local SNP hammer that message home when our canvassing. Yet another example of a self serving, careerist liar who couldn't give two ####s about her constituents.

I'd love to see her lose her seat.

Love it

So would I

Given that she represents some of the poorest areas of Glasgow and voted for £30bn of austerity cuts, I hope the local SNP hammer that message home when our canvassing.

Yeah, because the SNP made a massive difference when they held the seat :um-no:

Yeah, because the SNP made a massive difference when they held the seat :um-no:

The SNP held the seat for 2 years, Labour have held it, and the preceding seats before they were merged, since the Second World War.

Glasgow East has almost always been a monkey in a red rosette seat. Its time that changed.

Whether someone agrees with the SNP aim of an Independent Scotland, surely it can not be doubted that the SNP are substantially better than Labour to govern.

Fck Labour, fck LibDems, shower of c#nts.

Edited by kumnio

If the current polls are correct she is out on her arse in May.

Given that she represents some of the poorest areas of Glasgow and voted for £30bn of austerity cuts, I hope the local SNP hammer that message home when our canvassing. Yet another example of a self serving, careerist liar who couldn't give two badgers about her constituents.

The SNP have a great opportunity of taking that seat - if they select the right candidate. Labour will throw everything they have at retaining the seat (or they ought to if they have any sense) but some of the people putting their names forward as PPCs in this constituency and others aren't of the highest calibre, which worries me.

Then again, if the certifiable John Mason can take Glasgow East (albeit briefly) there's hope for almost anyone!

Whether someone agrees with the SNP aim of an Independent Scotland, surely it can not be doubted that the SNP are substantially better than Labour to govern.

Maybe. While I think the SNP have managed reasonably well, I think their longer term credentials are still open to question. Need to see a more radical SNP Government IMO, although I accept there are barriers and resistance that make it more difficult for them. Still think we should be expecting more though.

Where I will agree with you though is that Labour are not fit for purpose. I now despise them more than the Tories and it's time Scotland turned it's back on them. To enjoy almost unchallenged power for almost 3 decades and barely scratched the surface of Scotland's long term social issues, is unforgivable.

So would I

:ok:

Hmmmm. I agree with SNP on independence... But governing? Or representing my seat? No. Unless their candidate disagrees with the majority of their policy

Maybe. While I think the SNP have managed reasonably well, I think their longer term credentials are still open to question. Need to see a more radical SNP Government IMO, although I accept there are barriers and resistance that make it more difficult for them. Still think we should be expecting more though.

:ok:

The SNP held the seat for 2 years, Labour have held it, and the preceding seats before they were merged, since the Second World War.

Glasgow East has almost always been a monkey in a red rosette seat. Its time that changed.

I agree with that, but, many in the constituency would be happy to throw back at the SNP the lack of any change in their 2 year term. In fact the attitude of a few "SNP supporters" on here was if Glasgow East don't vote SNP, then fuk them - IMO that attitude isn't a vote winner.

Fck Labour, fck LibDems, shower of c#nts.

Agreed :ok:

Then again, if the certifiable John Mason can take Glasgow East (albeit briefly) there's hope for almost anyone!

I think he's the SNP's best chance of winning the seat tbh.