Two Young Girls Attacked By Loyalist Scvm At George Square - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Two Young Girls Attacked By Loyalist Scvm At George Square

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean go back in our box?

Not at all. The George square gathering after the referendum keeps being called a protest but to me it seemed like more of showing that the independace debate will not go away. It might seem like a small difference to some but to me calling it a protest insinuates that they did not accept the result. Don't get me wrong I hope more yes voters keep the fires of independence burning and carry on using reasonable debate to show up the twisted truths and downright lies that the media and establishment tell us

Sweeping Generalisations....... all a bit boring and predictable.

I honestly have no idea about the story btw.... couple of fit looking burds standing in SG square with a fleg and some other folk with another fleg......whats the story.

as in, what actually happened? Not the add ons for effect and demonisation.....

Why get involved in this discussion when as you have stated "I honestly have no idea about the story btw" !!!! -

In short - you had a load of Unionists marching into GS in an aggressive manor, abusing people with saltires, spitting on people, throwing bottles and in the case of the lassies pulling there flag away and throwing it to the ground.

There are no sweeping genrilasation's, add on's and demonisation of people in my post, it is just a light hearted, shortened version of events.

If you are a unionist or not there is an element of people from that side that are rotten to the core, they are generally at orange march's, at Ibrox and hence Rangers supporter - and that my friend is the hard facts.

Are you for flipping real?

Yes

There is far more scum on your side.

That may or may not be true

How were they causing it?? By standing with a flag?

By being the first people to try and grab a flag off someone

Ive just skimmed this, and didnt really pay attention until PIAKs post, the lassies were arrested, seriously, WTF :blink:

Thats just ridiculous, how the hell.

For truing to pull a Union flag off the guy that is then videoed pulling the Saltire off them

Squirrelhumper is 100% correct. Your whataboutery routine and heid-in-the-sand is beyond belief but not unexpected.

The young girls have the right to protest peacefully - which they did. For them to get arrested is a total joke.

It's not whataboutery, it's fact the girls tried to pull the UF off the guy that then pulled the Saltire off them, they were not protesting peacefully with that kind of action. That is why they were arrested & charged.

IT might not suit the story here, but it doesn't mean it's not true :ok:

Yes

That may or may not be true

By being the first people to try and grab a flag off someone

For truing to pull a Union flag off the guy that is then videoed pulling the Saltire off them

It's not whataboutery, it's fact the girls tried to pull the UF off the guy that then pulled the Saltire off them, they were not protesting peacefully with that kind of action. That is why they were arrested & charged.

IT might not suit the story here, but it doesn't mean it's not true :ok:

Key witness for the Police !!! - apparently !!!!

Really? The one on the right looks like a wee ned, political leanings aside.

If you were to search for them on Facebook you may, or may not, discover them to both be "wee rides". ;)

You know the rules Parklife....

Instead of that stupid advert in the Herald they should have sent the money to these sisters, sent them on a holiday to Ibiza to get over the harrowing experience of being surrounded by violent vermin. Some one should crowdfund it...

Edited by thplinth

If you were to search for them on Facebook you may, or may not, discover them to both be "wee rides". ;)

I don't have Facebook so wouldn't know how to do that so I'll need to take your word for it.

There is though something a bit uncomfortable about describing a 16 year old lassie as a "wee ride".

I don't have Facebook so wouldn't know how to do that so I'll need to take your word for it.

There is though something a bit uncomfortable about describing a 16 year old lassie as a "wee ride".

It's only the older one I actually found. I agree with your point though. Although you also assessed her in the same way, then followed with a negative comment.

Firstly I thought the one on the right was the older one although that's largely irrelevant. I'm also a helluva lot more comfortable saying a 16 year old lassie looks like a ned than a ride.

But you still assessed her in the same way as the guy who said she was a "wee ride".

I don't have Facebook so wouldn't know how to do that so I'll need to take your word for it. There is though something a bit uncomfortable about describing a 16 year old lassie as a "wee ride".

Depends on the age of the 'rider', I think. If it's something similar then fine; if it's much older, then yes, that's a bit creepy.

I actually know one of that lassie's teachers. You know you're getting auld when you fancy the teacher more. :(

Depends on the age of the 'rider', I think. If it's something similar then fine; if it's much older, then yes, that's a bit creepy.

I actually know one of that lassie's teachers. You know you're getting auld when you fancy the teacher more. :(

What's his name?

Firstly I thought the one on the right was the older one although that's largely irrelevant. I'm also a helluva lot more comfortable saying a 16 year old lassie looks like a ned than a ride.

Well you were arguing that she was not a ride due to her looking like a ned so your mind was working the same way, you were just disputing the conclusion.

As soon as I saw that picture I could envisage these posts appearing.

For me the problem is the uncouth language but that is not age related. Ride is a term I dislike almost as much as the phrase 'get your hole'.

But even if he said attractive it would still be a mine field of strange rules (like the ones introduced above about relative age etc of the person saying it).

So for example what is the acceptable cut-off for a 40 year old man to find a woman/girl sexually attractive? Then say a 50 year old, a 60 year old? Could we lay out the rules so we all understand them. It is a fascinating subject. (Scots are incredibly sexually prudish making this very funny as well.)

Do the exact same rules apply to older women or is it different rules for them when perving on admiring a young man?

Well you were arguing that she was not a ride due to her looking like a ned so your mind was working the same way, you were just disputing the conclusion.

As soon as I saw that picture I could envisage these posts appearing.

For me the problem is the uncouth language but that is not age related. Ride is a term I dislike almost as much as the phrase 'get your hole'.

But even if he said attractive it would still be a mine field of strange rules (like the ones introduced above about relative age etc of the person saying it).

So for example what is the acceptable cut-off for a 40 year old man to find a woman/girl sexually attractive? Then say a 50 year old, a 60 year old? Could we lay out the rules so we all understand them. It is a fascinating subject. (Scots are incredibly sexually prudish making this very funny as well.)

Do the exact same rules apply to older women or is it different rules for them when perving on admiring a young man?

As I said above I can see how my reply came across like that but it's not what I meant.