Scotland Fitbaw Taps - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Fitbaw Taps

bigfathaggis

I got an email on the day of the Ireland match that said supporters could buy strips at the ground. So I went along early with my football daft 10 year old daughter and she bought herself a brilliant navy home Scotland top with her hard earned pocket money her first top her first one ever. She looked so proud and she said before the game "i'm just like you daddy a true Scotland fan" . we get into the ground and I find that our team are playing in white. Who took this decision? I mean we are at home so why the change of strip? not only that but the opposing team are in blue my daughter was so upset and confused she was crying. Scotland when at home are always in blue so why the change? In fact its not just the issue of the strip its also a psychological team building issue we play in white then against Gibralter 4 days later in blue its pathetic and really bad planning the SFA are clueless and are not taking account of fans who pay good money on strips and tickets simple things like this stick in the mind of young supporters. No doubt I will be laughed at but my daughter spent her hard earned pocket money on a strip that she thought was a total waste. Would love an explanation but no doubt I will be ignored.

Would assumed Adidas/JD Sports might have played a part in the decision.

Firstly gets Northern Ireland's new away kit first showing, and another airing for our away kit (as there is no out and out obvious away games this campaign we can wear it in).

wednesday reminded me of the Sweden friendly in 2010 where we used our new yellow away kit and Sweden (the home team) their new blue away kit.....

Got a feeling we will be wearing it tomorrow, as SSC sent out a email yesterday about buying kits at the game on Sunday, and seemed to really highlight the away kit.

Just checked my email and there you have it a blatant advertising campaign.....to hell with supporters and the psychology and togetherness of the team...lets see if we can make a concerted effort to sell these white strips with yellow and pink stripes......supporters as usual are being treated like idiots.

Given that Ireland wore their white away kit at Parkhead, I half-expected the strip change on Wednesday.

I'm guessing that under the new "all light v all dark" trend from FIFA, as seen at the World Cup, blue and green are now considered a clash. If that's the case then the only alternative was for both teams to wear their away strips.

Might be totally wrong of course.

not only that but the opposing team are in blue my daughter was so upset and confused she was crying.

Tell her there are children just up the road from Hampden, who's parents are using food banks to feed them , that would love to have the chance to own a Scotland top never mind worry about the colour the team are wearing while they are getting taken to a game.

That should give her a bit of perspective

The comment from At U Peter is churlish to say the least!

Re Strip

It is a requirement from FIFA / UEFA that National teams must inform the appropriate organisation 3/4 days before the match what couloirs they will wear.

It wouldn't have been too much for SFA to inform the press to relay the same info to the fans.

Edited by BOOBOOCAS

The comment from At U Peter is churlish to say the least!

Re Strip

It is a requirement from FIFA / UEFA that National teams must inform the appropriate organisation 3/4 days before the match what couloirs they will wear.

It wouldn't have been too much for SFA to inform the press to relay the same info to the fans.

I'm sorry, but why do the fans need to know what strip we are playing in? I wore my away top to the game today and didn't bat an eyelid that the boys were playing in blue.

Do people genuinely worry about wearing the same top as the team on the pitch?

Who cares what strip we wear? Doesn't matter in the slightest. As long as the team perform well/win!

Missing the point of the post.

When I was a kid and got my first top (1978) I'd have it on in front of the TV knowing the team would have the same top. It's small things like that that mean the world to kids and get them hooked.

I got an email on the day of the Ireland match that said supporters could buy strips at the ground. So I went along early with my football daft 10 year old daughter and she bought herself a brilliant navy home Scotland top with her hard earned pocket money her first top her first one ever. She looked so proud and she said before the game "i'm just like you daddy a true Scotland fan" . we get into the ground and I find that our team are playing in white. Who took this decision? I mean we are at home so why the change of strip? not only that but the opposing team are in blue my daughter was so upset and confused she was crying. Scotland when at home are always in blue so why the change? In fact its not just the issue of the strip its also a psychological team building issue we play in white then against Gibralter 4 days later in blue its pathetic and really bad planning the SFA are clueless and are not taking account of fans who pay good money on strips and tickets simple things like this stick in the mind of young supporters. No doubt I will be laughed at but my daughter spent her hard earned pocket money on a strip that she thought was a total waste. Would love an explanation but no doubt I will be ignored.

I was suprised to see us in the away top but agree with wanderer most probually to do with NI debuting their away kit,

Sorry to hear you're daughter was dissapointed but winning the match and having the right manager in place is all that mattered on Wednesday.

The road to france is still on.

In GOrD we trust

Still doesn't give the right to slate the man an his wean.

Dry your eyes you goody two shoes dick.

The guy came on expecting sympathy for an utterly ridiculous complaint so I thought I'd reply with my opinion and I stand by it.

Boo hoo the Scotland team aren't wearing the same expensive top as me today. If I had said that to my old man he would have told me to shut the f*ck up and stop being spoiled.

The guy came on expecting sympathy for an utterly ridiculous complaint so I thought I'd reply with my opinion and I stand by it.

Boo hoo the Scotland team aren't wearing the same expensive top as me today. If I had said that to my old man he would have told me to shut the f*ck up and stop being spoiled.

Again out of line. Perhaps the OPs tone was a bit much but name calling and questioning his parenting skills is out of line.

Wee things like this are important to kids. A little bit of constructive problem solving would help. I suggested a tweet to the SFA pre match asking the question. 9 times out of 10 they are pretty good at responding (as long as you arnt criticising their ticket policy).

If you can't be arsed don't say anything.

J

nice response.

Again out of line. Perhaps the OPs tone was a bit much but name calling and questioning his parenting skills is out of line.

Wee things like this are important to kids. A little bit of constructive problem solving would help. I suggested a tweet to the SFA pre match asking the question. 9 times out of 10 they are pretty good at responding (as long as you arnt criticising their ticket policy).

If you can't be arsed don't say anything.

J

He put it on a public board willingly so he'll just have to accept that other people's opinions may not match his. I suggested giving her a bit of perspective on the matter but instead he came on here to post about hard done by he felt.

If this upsets her then I dread to think how she'll react if their butler ever has to take a day off sick.