I'm In The Middle Of Losing My Virginity - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm In The Middle Of Losing My Virginity

have considered myself to be alternative, punk, indie, hippy, lefty, intellectual, trendy, fashionable, and a hundred other different things at various points in my life. I dont 'get' tattoos - if ever anything more stupid, conformist, mainstream, unimaginative and boring ever was - it is this.

what am I missing ?

(nothing personal intended, I have jumped on a few bandwagons in my life, just always been able to get off again when I thought better of it...)

have considered myself to be alternative, punk, indie, hippy, lefty, intellectual, trendy, fashionable, and a hundred other different things at various points in my life. I dont 'get' tattoos - if ever anything more stupid, conformist, mainstream, unimaginative and boring ever was - it is this.

what am I missing ?

(nothing personal intended, I have jumped on a few bandwagons in my life, just always been able to get off again when I thought better of it...)

Some people just think they look good I guess.

People who get tattoos because they want other people to think they look good are doing it for the wrong reason. People who get tattoos because they think they look good on themselves or have some sort of meaning are not the same.

People who get Tasmanian Devil tattoos whatever the reason should have their skin scalded off.

Getting tattoo'd is such an old thing it's forbidden in the old testament. It predates farming and coincides with the sudden onset of behavioural modernity (the great leap forward), one could even say a rough marker of modern humans is when they started drawing on themselves.

I have zero tattoo's myself.

Want to save enough for a full backpatch of monarch o the glen , or a huge rampant lion , coool !

if its yer ain cash spend it as you like , long as yer no harming others !

ps. Seen some real shitey wans in ma time. Above neck wans not coool.

I've got 4. One on my leg, 1 on each upper arm and one at the top of my back. Unless I wear shorts you probably wouldn't know I have any as the ones on my arm are high enough up that most T shirts cover them. I got my first one when I was 25 (12 years ago) and they're that discreet that I don't even think my Mum knows I have them! I'm planning on getting a quarter sleeve to incorporate the existing one on my right arm (TCB logo) but even then I don't intend for it to come down any further than it already does so still won't really be visible the vast majority of the time. They are very strangely addictive once you get one though.

I have two sleeves and one full leg piece. Still have one leg, a back and a chest to go.

I very rarely let them be seen by anyone else. I got them for me.

The kneecap and knee-pit are by far the sorest places to get done and with the latter, I clenched my teeth that hard a visit to the dentist was required afterwards. My next legpiece will not have the knee pit done...

The kneecap and knee-pit are by far the sorest places to get done and with the latter, I clenched my teeth that hard a visit to the dentist was required afterwards. My next legpiece will not have the knee pit done...

Don't you think the pain is down to your own threshold though? When I got my arm piece done people told me the inner arm would be agony, i found it almost painless. Edited by andreimack

I think people get tattoos because they need to conform and consent to what has become another corporate fashion industry.... many have little or no confidence to be even the least bit individual or different. it is the worst kind of 'fear of being different', conformist, sheep-like, mainstream behaviour and unfortunately (like fads & fashion mistakes we have all made over the years) has lifelong consequences.

it is anti-individual.... my friends aunt is a 60yr old granny and she got one.. why would any young person want that ? I hope youth culture rebels & puts it in its place soon...

I've got 4. One on my leg, 1 on each upper arm and one at the top of my back. Unless I wear shorts you probably wouldn't know I have any as the ones on my arm are high enough up that most T shirts cover them. I got my first one when I was 25 (12 years ago) and they're that discreet that I don't even think my Mum knows I have them! I'm planning on getting a quarter sleeve to incorporate the existing one on my right arm (TCB logo) but even then I don't intend for it to come down any further than it already does so still won't really be visible the vast majority of the time. They are very strangely addictive once you get one though.

Test Cricket Board? :blink:

Tamb Cuddly Bear?

Don't you think the pain is down to your own threshold though? When I got my arm piece done people told me the inner arm would be agony, i found it almost painless.

My two arms and leg have full coverage. Like yourself the inner arms were easy and straightforward.

Might be a lot to do with thresholds but my tattooist actively advised against kneepit and cap because apparently everyone wriggles during them.

My two arms and leg have full coverage. Like yourself the inner arms were easy and straightforward.

Might be a lot to do with thresholds but my tattooist actively advised against kneepit and cap because apparently everyone wriggles during them.

I found when it came round near my shin,it was painful a bit,but apart from that,it was quite easy really.

I think people get tattoos because they need to conform and consent to what has become another corporate fashion industry.... many have little or no confidence to be even the least bit individual or different. it is the worst kind of 'fear of being different', conformist, sheep-like, mainstream behaviour and unfortunately (like fads & fashion mistakes we have all made over the years) has lifelong consequences.

it is anti-individual.... my friends aunt is a 60yr old granny and she got one.. why would any young person want that ? I hope youth culture rebels & puts it in its place soon...

Or maybe people just like having tattoos?

I don't have any but have been considering getting an independence related tatoo.

Possibly the rampant lion holding the saltire with 'Independence and nothing less' around it. Or perhaps 'Thig Ar Latha' 'Saor Alba'

One one of my sleeves wall-e is painting Alba gu bràth. Edited by IAteAllThePies

I didn't like my shin bone vibrating but found that relatively straightforward.

You got behind the knee done?

I found the knee cap pretty painless except over scar tissue. Around the ankle can be painful, as can the extreme of the foot before the toes, though I've not found it unbearable. Things could change when the knee pit gets done tomorrow...

Walked past a tattooist's once and two wummin were starting at the samples in the windae.

"Whit will we get today?"

If you're going to mark yourself for life I'd like to think you'd do a bit more preparation!

Edited by Toepoke