Never Went - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Never Went

Andy North Croy

Due to Referendum result I couldn't face 90 mins of slagging by our democratically elected Imperial Masters....there are more important things than football.

Also due to ticket prices I would've boycotted it anyway.....which I did....twice I suppose.

The SFA are a shower of sh*te for treating us in this way....years of watching less than ordinary teams till we finally get a half-decent squad and what do they do? Rip off the people who have followed the team through thin and thinner.

Mind you we did make a loose suggestion that Jimmy Saville was "one of your own" ....... One guy behind me even suggested that Saville even played footy for them and was particularly skilled at playing in the hole ....... He took that way too far TBH and a few gave him pelters.

Due to Referendum result I couldn't face 90 mins of slagging by our democratically elected Imperial Masters....there are more important things than football.

Also due to ticket prices I would've boycotted it anyway.....which I did....twice I suppose.

The SFA are a shower of sh*te for treating us in this way....years of watching less than ordinary teams till we finally get a half-decent squad and what do they do? Rip off the people who have followed the team through thin and thinner.

excuses excuses excuses

firstly the referendum ..............feckall to do with football

secondly the price ..................laughable

thirdly boycott..........................another excuse

fourthly the sfa........................if you can do better get yer cv in for the next vacancy

every week lots of people jump on here to shoot down everyone they can i am happy to tell you same as i tell everyone if your that unhappy about the way the supporters club is run dinnae renew your membership and see if your any happier.

personally at times i think the sfa could do better on some things but over the years they have been sound i have managed to get a ticket for every game i have wanted to attend

the irish game last week they went with the uefa quota on tickets for away fans why should we give them more when people on here saying theyre a bag of """""" .as far as i am concerned it was a good move little support as poss for the away team.

the german game everyone who wanted a ticket got one

same in poland

in fact i am sure this was the same for the last ten away games

you can sit with your mates policy introduced

their is some good points for being a member but if the sfa are as bad as you are making out try leaving and see how you do

personally i am all for guys like yersell to give them the big cheerio cheerio cheerio

and when the tourny in france is on weel all give you a big wave on the telly cos you willny have a ticket (sfa supporters only)

excuses excuses excuses

fourthly the sfa........................if you can do better get yer cv in for the next vacancy

every week lots of people jump on here to shoot down everyone they can i am happy to tell you same as i tell everyone if your that unhappy about the way the supporters club is run dinnae renew your membership and see if your any happier.

personally at times i think the sfa could do better on some things but over the years they have been sound i have managed to get a ticket for every game i have wanted to attend

the irish game last week they went with the uefa quota on tickets for away fans why should we give them more when people on here

saying theyre a bag of """""" .as far as i am concerned it was a good move little support as poss for the away team.

same in poland

their is some good points for being a member but if the sfa are as bad as you are making out try leaving and see how you do

personally i am all for guys like yersell to give them the big cheerio cheerio cheerio

and when the tourny in france is on weel all give you a big wave on the telly cos you willny have a ticket (sfa supporters only)

INCOMING!!!!!!!

excuses excuses excuses

the irish game last week they went with the uefa quota on tickets for away fans why should we give them more when people on here saying theyre a bag of """""" .as far as i am concerned it was a good move little support as poss for the away team.

same in poland

Peter

Have to say I agree with a lot of your points mate, but regarding the price issue I think you are way off the mark. The team has gone through some very dark days and yet our fans have stuck by them through thin and thinner (as a poster said yesterday). The SFA are now completely feeding off that and have shown no loyalty to the lads and lassies that have travelled the globe supporting the team. Their answer is to hike the prices up to milk as much money as possible out of it. Are you seriously saying that it's 'laughable' that some guys are making a stand about this?

I read it as the price being 'laughable'. Surely that's what he meant, no?

I am not sue mate, I read it differently and for me it reads like Peter was saying that pricing was used as an excuse for some not to go. I dare say that for some this may be true but for many it would also be the reason. Peter could clarify if he likes; he has given his opinion and is entitled to his view either way.

I am not sue mate, I read it differently and for me it reads like Peter was saying that pricing was used as an excuse for some not to go. I dare say that for some this may be true but for many it would also be the reason. Peter could clarify if he likes; he has given his opinion and is entitled to his view either way.

Aye reading it back again and you may be right ?

Peter

Have to say I agree with a lot of your points mate, but regarding the price issue I think you are way off the mark. The team has gone through some very dark days and yet our fans have stuck by them through thin and thinner (as a poster said yesterday). The SFA are now completely feeding off that and have shown no loyalty to the lads and lassies that have travelled the globe supporting the team. Their answer is to hike the prices up to milk as much money as possible out of it. Are you seriously saying that it's 'laughable' that some guys are making a stand about this?

Spot on!

excuses excuses excuses

same in poland

I think you should get a job as new sfa public relations guy you have made some valid points and you refrained from using David ghetto or whatever his name is reference to justify the extortionate prices but there is one or two flaws IMO not everyone got a germany ticket that wanted one through the sfa a lot including me and my sons went via the german site... Poland game I did get official away one but could have easily bought a home end ticket ever home game I could have bought in public sale so please explain why we should renew our membership.... Point myself and many others are making is we followed scotland thro the shit days and now we on crest of a wave the sfa arnt looking after there loyal fans instead just use us as mugs and some sort cash machine.... Even supermarkets and petrol stations offer some sort loyalt scheme yet the sfa charge us more money time after time without giving anything back

Didn't go to England game.... price for a friendly put me off plain and simple.... Was going to miss the Gibraltar too and after the referendum my heart wasnt even in it for the Georgia game. Was gonna just sit back and watch the Ireland game too, but thanks to the home fans around me and the performance really has got back interested in the team... so will be going to the rest of the home games, though for the gib game i'll be getting the cheapest tickets i can get.... might be back to the North stand for the other two games...

I think you should get a job as new sfa public relations guy you have made some valid points and you refrained from using David ghetto or whatever his name is reference to justify the extortionate prices but there is one or two flaws IMO not everyone got a germany ticket that wanted one through the sfa a lot including me and my sons went via the german site... Poland game I did get official away one but could have easily bought a home end ticket ever home game I could have bought in public sale so please explain why we should renew our membership.... Point myself and many others are making is we followed scotland thro the shit days and now we on crest of a wave the sfa arnt looking after there loyal fans instead just use us as mugs and some sort cash machine.... Even supermarkets and petrol stations offer some sort loyalt scheme yet the sfa charge us more money time after time without giving anything back

jock sorry for a delay in my reply been away for birthday celebrations

firstly thank you for your kind words. the distribution off tickets to members in my opinion needs addressed as i feel it is difficult for some people to gain valuable points to get themselves on the away points ladder.

it was posted that the sfa had managed to get a ticket for everyone who managed to get thru on the web site when the tickets were on sale for the for the german game.if you were on of the unlucky ones you sre the only person that i am aware off.

the present system off ticketing ladder points system is outdated and needs to be addressed if you are on 10;9; or 8 points at the present moment then you will need to miss the next two campaigns away games to not get a ticket.

i would like to see a ballot for anyone who is a supporters club member irrespective of the number of points they are on who apply to go to an away game. in the result of getting a ticket you would also inform the sfa of any other games you are going to attend.

the maximum off two away games consecutively and missing the third game only for the fourth game you go back into the hat this way more people would get an opportunity to attend matches and build a profile of games attended.

if the number of tickets exeeds the number of applicants then the two game rule will not count the result of this system would mean on past attendences to away games within on qualifying set of games all members who have applied to go to an away game will have been able to do so.

this system has been used in germany for many years on a season ticket basis and is very popular.

as far as a supermarket points system being installed within the sfa that would only work if they included home games;away games;all sfa merchandise bought and data stored on a membership card (which we already have).

the only downside with that is if the same person was family and friends purchasing all the time they would be the person to benefit from this scheme

but i am sure taking advice from the appropriate people and i.t consultants this could be done.

i am fully aware that a lot of people on tamb do have a burning issue about the sfa and their pricing structures and i would like to see us have an delegate of some sort present at the sfa meetings as someone whom we can have represent the fans it is something we should really consider getting done .

yours in sport peter p h innes

Peter I agree the pint system is outdated but you will never please all the people all the time in principle I'm not against the current system maybe be tweaked somehow much same as FIFA rankings depending on the opponents location etc different level of points at the minute you get one point for a qualifier in Republic of Ireland and same one point for a friendly in Poland mid march so maybe friendly games carry more points etc I don't have the exact answer but could do with revamping.... Or even I don't know if you travel to away friendliest get some sort discount on home tickets but that will never happen