Klitschko V Fury - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Klitschko V Fury

glasgow jock

Don't think I have seen any threads on this fight ?

Whats the TAMB's boxing fans thoughts on this one ?

Haven't seen much of Fury, but think he will put up a fight for first half of bout then be stopped in later rounds.

Like when he fought David Haye, I hope Klitschko beats him. Has come across as a complete bellend in the run up. The circus acts aside, Fury just seems to keep banging on about his age all the time. That's all well and good as long as you look after yourself properly. Fury doesn't look to be in as good shape as Klitschko IMO, so I don't think age is going to play much of a factor, if any.

Klitschko, to his credit, has remained pretty dignified through it all. Can't see anything other than a victory for him.

Like when he fought David Haye, I hope Klitschko beats him. Has come across as a complete bellend in the run up. The circus acts aside, Fury just seems to keep banging on about his age all the time. That's all well and good as long as you look after yourself properly. Fury doesn't look to be in as good shape as Klitschko IMO, so I don't think age is going to play much of a factor, if any.

Klitschko, to his credit, has remained pretty dignified through it all. Can't see anything other than a victory for him.

Agree 100% - think fear is making him come across as a complete bellend (as you so eloquently put it) :lol:

Easy points win for Wlad here. Reckon it'll be a pretty boring fight too with Wlad insisting on a 24ft ring (maximum size allowed) and softer defensive gloves. Based on these demands form Team Klitschko it looks like he'll jab and move and grab when necessary on his way to a wide victory on the cards. Fury has good banter and is full of it beforehand but once the fight starts it'll be like every recent Klitschko defence with the champ dominating and making yet another title defence look easy.

I went from watching all boxing, except wimmens, to watching none because of bollocks like this.

I hardly watch as much these days, watched Cotto Canello though.

Fury is going to get sparked, Steve Cunningham put him on his arse. I think he was 37 at the time. Wlad might age over night but the skill differential is extreme.

The one thing they have in common

Easy points win for Wlad here. Reckon it'll be a pretty boring fight too with Wlad insisting on a 24ft ring (maximum size allowed) and softer defensive gloves. Based on these demands form Team Klitschko it looks like he'll jab and move and grab when necessary on his way to a wide victory on the cards. Fury has good banter and is full of it beforehand but once the fight starts it'll be like every recent Klitschko defence with the champ dominating and making yet another title defence look easy.

I was more thinking Tyson gets knocked down then stays away and holds while Wlad just jabs him, Fury will go on the attack till he gets dropped.

That was rubbish.

the stream i was watching the yank guy said Fury kept 'touching him' for points while Vlad just had nothing... 12 rounds later strong points victory and one of the worst quality 'big bout' scraps I've seen. Heavy weight boxing is so pish now. Why is america not producing (heavyweight fighters) any more?

Edited by thplinth

Best thing about the fight was Vitali challenging Lewis to get back in the ring.

Which is what most title fights are all about these days.

I genuinely hope Wladimir just bins it. Will have to watch rematch, even though I'll know it'll be duller than dull.