The Wee Darts - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Wee Darts

Angus_Young

I know we are all on the edge of our seats with Dandy's weekly updates, but there is the small matter of the World Championship

Going on just now.

Now into the quarter final stage and the standard has been superb this year. World no 1 MVG is out, as is 16 time winner, Phil Taylor.

Gary Anderson is playing well and is now favourite to retain the title, although it really is wide open this year. Klaasen, who beat Taylor tonight, with 15 180's on the way, will fancy his chances of making his first semi final, as he plays unseeded Alan Norris.

Other Scot, Peter Wright, was involved in a cracking game with Dave Chisnall today. He plays Lewis next in.the pick of the quarter finals.

Said before a dart was thrown that it would be MVG or Anderson. Will stick with that.

Draw:

Anderson v Wade

Lewis v Wright

Smith v Barney

Klaasen v Norris

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

A small matter. :D

We're currently on a winter break at the moment,hence the lack of posts recently. :lol:

But in all seriousness,there is a huge opportunity for Anderson to retain the title.

Loved seeing Taylor going out tonight.

Fully expect Barney to "Do a barney" and lose his next game after a stunning performance last night.

Also potentially an all "Scottish" final.

Next few days should have some great matches coming up.

Exactly.

A small matter. :D

We're currently on a winter break at the moment,hence the lack of posts recently. :lol:

But in all seriousness,there is a huge opportunity for Anderson to retain the title.

Loved seeing Taylor going out tonight.

Fully expect Barney to "Do a barney" and lose his next game after a stunning performance last night.

Also potentially an all "Scottish" final.

Next few days should have some great matches coming up.

Defo agree on Taylor. It's a complete wankfest on Sky for him. The ridiculously long montages and the way he is announced into every game wind me up. A grade A arsehole, although Klaasen is a despicable b@stard himself. Surprised he has been allowed to carry on his career with relative ease after his sordid past.

Fancy Lewis to beat Wright. Lewis yet to drop a set whereas Wright Has come through an epic battle tonight. It will.take a lot out if you mentally I reckon.

MVG going out with a 106 average and 43% doubles is incredible though. Proves anything can happen I suppose.

Really hoping for an Anderson win. Genuinely nice guy and has remained very grounded since becoming the Champ.

Taylor is now looking like an auld man can seriously see him retiring. It's Garys tae lose noo cannae see any o the other 7 beating him.think Wright needs tae win a TV tournament soon tae get the monkey aff his back don't want him tae end up like terry jenkins loads o finals but nae trophies.

Friday January 1
QUARTER-FINALS
Afternoon Session (1pm-4.30pm)

Alan Norris v Jelle Klaasen ...........................2 - 5
Gary Anderson v James Wade........................5 - 3

Evening Session (7.30pm-11pm)
Raymond van Barneveld v Michael Smith........2 - 5
Adrian Lewis v Peter Wright........................... 3 - 5

Sky's love-in with Taylor is really tiresome. Of course he deserves credit for being champion 16 times but it's just one in the last 5 years. There's no doubt the standard has improved hugely over the last few years and Taylor's partly responsible for that. It's a much harder tournament to win these days.

Thought Taylor was average last night and was surprised to find out at the end he'd averaged 100. Klaasen deserved the win though.

The MVG v RVB and Wright v Chisnall matches the last couple of nights were superb.

Guest faircity

I reckon Wright will take out Lewis. He is amazingly consistent and Lewis is a bit hit or miss, but if Lewis is on his game for the duration of the match then he wins. 5-3 Wright

Wade doesnt have the scoring power to beat Anderson, only Anderson can beat himself in this one. 5-2 Anderson.

I hope Barney beats Smith as im not a big fan of him but i think he is going to be a champion at some point in the not too distant future. 5-3 Barney

Norris and Klaasen is a 50/50 for me.Id go for Klassen though 5-3.

Should be cracking.

I reckon Wright will take out Lewis. He is amazingly consistent and Lewis is a bit hit or miss, but if Lewis is on his game for the duration of the match then he wins. 5-3 Wright

Wade doesnt have the scoring power to beat Anderson, only Anderson can beat himself in this one. 5-2 Anderson.

I hope Barney beats Smith as im not a big fan of him but i think he is going to be a champion at some point in the not too distant future. 5-3 Barney

Norris and Klaasen is a 50/50 for me.Id go for Klassen though 5-3.

Should be cracking.

Wright - Lewis really has the potential to be one of the greatest ever games at the worlds. Don't mind who wins tbh as they are both sound lads.

Agree about Anderson, he will be too strong for Wade.

Backed wright at 12/1 here hoping.

Could be a decent bet. Lewis hasn't dropped a set yet, but I think that may be a problem for him, he hasn't been put under any pressure yet and if Wright can get off to a flyer tonight he will beat Lewis quite easily. If he gets past tonight, then he could easily go all the way.

Defo agree on Taylor. It's a complete wankfest on Sky for him. The ridiculously long montages and the way he is announced into every game wind me up. A grade A arsehole, although Klaasen is a despicable b@stard himself. Surprised he has been allowed to carry on his career with relative ease after his sordid past.

Fancy Lewis to beat Wright. Lewis yet to drop a set whereas Wright Has come through an epic battle tonight. It will.take a lot out if you mentally I reckon.

MVG going out with a 106 average and 43% doubles is incredible though. Proves anything can happen I suppose.

Really hoping for an Anderson win. Genuinely nice guy and has remained very grounded since becoming the Champ.

what do you mean about klassen? Genuinely do not know

what do you mean about klassen? Genuinely do not know

From wikipedia:

In August 2012, Klaasen was accused of sending naked photo messages to a 15-year-old family friend, which he has admitted to in the Dutch press.[32]

The underaged girl is diagnosed with PDD-NOS, an autism spectrum disorder.[33] Though during the prosecution service process (the case didn't go to court) this was never proven.[34]

Later that year, on the 13th of December, he was sentenced to 16 hours of community service and a fine of 400 euros, to be paid to the girl.[35]

From wikipedia:

In August 2012, Klaasen was accused of sending naked photo messages to a 15-year-old family friend, which he has admitted to in the Dutch press.[32]

The underaged girl is diagnosed with PDD-NOS, an autism spectrum disorder.[33] Though during the prosecution service process (the case didn't go to court) this was never proven.[34]

Later that year, on the 13th of December, he was sentenced to 16 hours of community service and a fine of 400 euros, to be paid to the girl.[35]

Truly shocking, got to admit I wasn't aware of that

Some tremendous games in the tournament so far this year. Barney with an epic comeback tonight against Smith, from 0-3 to 4-3 now and looking favourite to get through to the semis.

Every game I've watched has been a feckin epic. Some performance from Barney. Wright struggling a bit the now although Lewis playing well. Interestly in 2011 no one was really talking about Lewis as a serious contender. He did an exhibition at my local the month before and was saying to a lot if the boys to stick an each way bet on him as he really fancied winning it, which he did at 40's.

Quite similar this year I reckon, although I.think Anderson will have too much for him.

Edited by Angus_Young